Friday, February 15, 2008


Photos are a bit blurry, there wasn't quiet enough light, but these are my little friends on Valentine's Day. We baked red velvet cupcakes and proceeded to eat them for two meals yesterday and three meals today.
Jake and I put our Valentine's Day photos from our little project into albums and wrote little notes about each one. I swear, for all the attitude he was throwing out, he was going to really slack on this one. BUT, his book was WAY better than mine: heartfelt, and completely made me cry. When I had tears brimming on one picture about me loving salads and the outdoors, he looked at me with a triumphant smile that reminded me of the ONE present on Christmas that always makes mom cry. And if you're the giver of that gift, it's the ultimate honor. The perfect concoction of sensitivity and thought. He deserved a trophy, even though he had the pregnancy hormones on his side...
Good one, Jake. You made this V-Day one of the best of my life.

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Way to go Jake! that sounds great - and I think it had to be one of the best ideas in the world! I would try it with Wade but I know he would have attitude and end up doing crazy things with the camera and I would be very sad! Way to go! I'm glad you had such a great day. Your comments always make me laugh so much - I love blogs!

Kaedi said...

I stumbled on your blog from Rebecca and Levi's blog. YOU ARE HILARIOUS! And such a good writer. Thanks for the great Sunday afternoon entertainment. Hurry up and visit the fam in NY, okay?

Lillie said...

Well done Jake. There's nothing like a SUCCESS for the hubbie like that. Everyone's happy.