Sunday, February 03, 2008

I am a complete loonie. I started crying in the bank drive-thru. Something went through my mind about the mean manager lady and other people in Florida "who just don't understand". I mean I just moved here, right? And now people are telling me that because my Bank of America account is still new, that they can put paychecks on random holds for 7 days at a time and blah blah blah. Then without thinking that it would be better to just deposit the check and move on, I asked for the check back.. not knowing what I would do. Maybe cash it somewhere else and bring the cash back to the bank?

Like, seriously people. These hormones are like a shot of something pulsing through my brain in a huge, fat vessel and there's nothing I can do. The only thing that came to mind is- keep crying, drive off, and call Jake. That went over well when he DIDN'T ANSWER, and then the tears were all about "who really cares about me if he doesn't??"... I mean, what's he so busy with that he can't answer? What? Working for a living? Working to support us (not to mention me eating like 6 meals a day)?

Then Ruby hurt her head on something in the car (I had unbuckled her in the driveway), and at one point, there were almost three of us crying and there could have been four, the poor innocent new baby was probably crying in fear of the emotional mess she will be born into.

Then I hear something muffled, some voice coming from the black periferie somewhere (oh, the back of the car), and it's Grace asking "Mommy, why are you crying?" Then I got embarrassed. Number one, I had no real answer to that question, I really didn't know why I was crying. Number two, I realized that this time around, there are WITNESSES. Grace isn't 18 months old and I'm pregnant. She's almost 5. She remembers things like this. And she'll tell on me. To someone. That person would most likely be someone in Jake's family, who I'm sure wouldn't be that surprised, because having a loonie sister-in-law is as common as having a purse. So I thought I'd save her the trouble and tell on myself.

11 comments:

LuCDay said...

You're suppose to tell your kids when you start crying, that it's because you didn't take a nap or eat your vegetables today. So they'll be more inspired to do so. :o)

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry

Anonymous said...

LOL! So are you saying all the sis in laws on Jake's side are looney?

Like one of Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts says, "When a kid as you why you're crying, a funny thing to tell them is, it's probably because of something they did"....Well, that isn't a direct quote, the real quote has to do with rain.......But that is the gist of it. I do like what lucday's advice above is though.........Now that's worth trying.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

sarah, i live by the universal, though mostly un-admitted, theory that a good cry is very cathartic - a little frightening for the children, but very carthartic for you - trust me, there's been a lot of crying done in our house all in the name of catharsis.

besides the kids can always get therapy, that's what insurance is for!

i love you.

Lillie said...

Sarah- these are the posts that we all read and think-- thank you. In a very empathetic, wish you've never been there but we have so we now feel not- alone way. Sarah with brilliant posts and pictures and gorgeous little girls and great music tastes and great hair color and super cute freckles-- even SHE goes nuts sometimes. Maybe I'm ok. Thanks. But really sorry for the day Sarah. We all care too just so you know--

Debbi said...

I cry at commercials still and I'm not pregnant. I'm sorry that you are feeling looney, I think it's just being a woman. I love your pregnant wiget! I hope you have a great week this week, your beach pictures are great!

Rhiannon said...

I'm sorry, I totally understand. Why, I wonder do these hormones mess us up so bad.
I would find a new bank if you can. BOfA isn't the best bank. I use to take check orders for them and they policies don't make any sense.

Naomi Campbell said...

It's rach...mom and I are laughing our heads off!!! And it's at your expense...sorry! Great story though and thanks, now I'm scared to get pregnant. Mom says what goes around comes around!

Naomi Campbell said...

It's mom...Sarah, I NEVER took my kids to the bank!

Kim said...

I am sorry you had a bad day. Florida sucks sometimes. We run into that check problem with Bank of America still and we have lived here for three years.