Monday, October 27, 2008

A Treat.

Ruby's Nana had a few moments with her today. She stopped working (she works at home) and let her granddaughter splash in the pool. She dusted off her camera and took some photos. As I looked at them I realized how differently Ruby interacts with her grandmother compared to the way she is with me. With her Nana, she feels elevated and special, the way she should. Her eyes twinkle with the knowledge that many treats and a welcoming warm lap is always waiting. Those little bug eyes and bubbly soul are lucky, and loved.

From this month's visiting teaching message: Margaret D. Nadauld, former Young Women general president: “Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. … We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith”

8 comments:

Debbi said...

I just want to hug little Ruby in that picture. How silly. That is great she gets to have such a good relationship with her Nana. I love that quote so much. Thanks for posting it.

Lindsey said...

I just shared that quote in visiting teaching last night. I love it. And i love that pictures of ruby. the goggles are the best.

Lillie said...

I LOVE that quote. And I SO wish my lens was 50mm.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that you put the VT message on here! This month's was so powerful. VOTE YES FOR PROPOSITION 8!!

Megan said...

Didn't you just love that quote? Such a good one.

Clarke and Kamie said...

seriously--wasn't that a cool message this month??? It's a little (ok, VERY) daunting raising girls in this day and age. We have a lot to teach them in such a short time!!!

Celeste said...

I love that quote... I just added it to my facebook profile the other day. Ruby looks so precious in those goggles!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

heysarah