Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Husband Doesn't Read Posts With Too Many Words...

I thought today was the day. The day I would start liking burritos. Like maybe the past ten years was just a big joke and I kept lying to myself that I didn't care for large quantities of mexican food mashed together inside a mushy soft shell. I don't like my potatoes touching my salad, but that doesn't mean I can't start liking burritoes again, right? I went to Moe's Southwest Grill. And I ordered it veggie because I know myself and how much myself hates meaty and beansy things. And I couldn't even finish it. Maybe it was because I got it "to go", and by the time I got home the rice was the same temperature as the sour cream. Yuck. I forced myself to finish half. Then I admitted to myself that I just couldn't do it. So I finished my chips and salsa and chased it with the rest of my Orange Fanta, which was delicious. Sometimes I wish I could have slushy drinks all day.

Sometimes we just need to talk about food.

-I don't like burritoes, olives, rice/tapioca pudding, jello, bananas, scallops, capers, any type of beef (except hamburgers with cheese so you can't really taste the meat), and sometimes chicken.
-On the other hand, I love salmon, shrimp, cod, talapia, ANY type of vegetable (including avacados, arichokes, zuccini, leeks, any color pepper, cabbage, raw mushrooms and cucumbers) and salad. In other words, I love to eat things that are fluffy or crunchy. Nothing mushy. I prefer rice over mashed potatoes. One of my favorite things to make are veggie wraps with white rice, tons of veggies, hummus, sundried tomato paste, little bit of parmesan, some italian dressing or vinagrette, and any kind of sprouts. And of course, I love most types of fruit.
-I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. In general, I hate using recipes for entrees. They make me feel like a sheep (don't ask). This is definitely a personal quirk that I have not yet figured out completely... So I try to glance at a recipe and then sort of elaborate, or some meat in a frying pan with olive oil and then just start throwing things in with it. The results are often far from fantastic, but it makes me feel like I'm being creative.
-For any kind of bread or dessert, using a recipe is a must and I always follow...
-I hate going to buffets. Especially Golden Corral in North Lakeland, FL. Mmm no.
-Favorite two places to eat: Cheesecake Factory and Cafe Rio.
-My all time favorite food would have to be a huge cobb salad, hold the bacon and blue cheese. With a glass of ice water or orange juice. Follow that up with something sweet about an hour later, and I am soooo happy.

-And I must say thank you to Ashley for watching the girls today so I was able to 1.Think straight 2.Eat 1/2 a burrito 3.Shop for, but not purchase, a cute expensive bag (Vera Bradley) 4. Blog and perhaps even lie down!

-36 weeks today people, 36 weeks. You know that crease in your shirt between your chest and your tummy? My crease has of course turned into a shelf and I have noticed that most of my shirts and dresses have spilled food and drink in that area. I'm a mess, I tell you.

11 comments:

Laken said...

Hahaha! You are too funny. Have you always been that picky, or is it pregnancy? After reading your post yesterday, I went to Zaxby's for dinner. I just couldn't resist!

Lindsey said...

I am laughing, because I know the whole crease that turns into a shelf thing. was thinking about it today even. We're in the same boat! Can you believe 4-ish weeks? for the love, i hope it passes quickly.

i love burritos. especially veggie ones. hilarious you tried to like one today. i'm glad you had a break and some time for yourself!

Anonymous said...

Sarah-
Moes really is SOOO good, you must try again. I mean sometimes its just okay but mostly its great!! Well....maybe not if your not a "burrito person"
:)

Kelly said...

So funny. I can't believe you only have one more month!

Okay so we love the same food places; Cafe Rio, Zaxby's, Sonic etc. but don't like the same type of food. Weird! I love burritos, meat, mashed pots, etc. etc. Tell me you get the buffalo chicken salad at Zaxby's? I get it when I go to Georgia. Oh and the strawberry limeade is my fav at Sonic. I'll have to try the cranberry.

How wonderful to live so close to your MIL and she has a pool? even better. Jody is trying to get me to move to Georgia.....

Dee said...

Food food food food food. It's really unexplainable how I never had any seafood other than fish ffingers and battered fish when I was a kid beause mum didn't like anything too fishy. Yet as a grown up I love all things fishy, prawny, crabby, yummy. Unlike yourself I totally get the meat thing unfortunately right now it is very expensive, $20 kg for top grade beef. definately just for a treat, every other night stirfries and mince dishes.

Baby Coffee said...

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and after reading your post yesterday I too went to Zaxby's for dinner! I had the Zenzational Zalad, but I wasn't blown away. I'm thinking next time I need to try something different. I wish I had known a month ago you wanted a Vera Bradley. I just literally GAVE AWAY about 10 of that I found in my late mothers closet.

Lillie said...

Had a cob tonight from Cosi. Do you have one? - no egg- but yes on bacon and cheese. SOOOO good.

I always found the stains on my shirt later on the bottom of my belly that I didn't realize was dragging all over the counter as I cooked. You can't see it when you look down you know... and wonder why people are always stealing glances below your waste. So embarassing and wonderful, those last few weeks.

lori said...

Sara..i am rethinking that maybe we wont be freinds forever because everyhthing you hate..I love! But i also love what you love! By the way, I have several Cafe Rio recipes like the salad dsg. YUM. Enjoy the last few weeks to stuff your face. I miss those days. My baby is out and I have no excuse to be a softy. Shove some extra food in your mouth just for me.

Celeste said...

We have the SAME taste in food... but I came up with a burrito recipe that is so great we have them like every other week at least... I'll email you the recipe. They have rice in them... it make the buritto non-mushy.

Rhiannon said...

Why is that guys don't read the posts with lots of words. Mike says that to me all the time that I write to long of posts. Oh well I guess it will keep him away from my blog. HAHA

Missy said...

Wait. You hold the blue cheese on a cob salad?! I'm with you on the bacon, but what dressing do you put on it?

I'm with you on the meat thing too. Not such a fan. And I have a good 13 more weeks, but feel like I have that shelf already. Or at least I'm spilling on said area. Sigh.

I can't wait to open your blog and see a beautiful picture of your third girl. I'm dying in anticipation. Tell me you've gone early with your previous two?!