Saturday, July 19, 2008

They Changed the Spelling of Her Name

Grace and Ruby decided they would change the spelling of Ruby's name to R-u-b-y-e. This is for many purposes. One, it's more like Grace's. Now with five letters each, and ending with "e", they will be too similar now to ever fight again...? Two, it makes more phonetic sense. "E" making a long "eeeee" sound instead of just a dudly "y". I see where they're coming from. All over the house, where there is written "GRACE", there is now written also, "RUBY...E". The "E" a little crooked from being added on.

Also, sometimes Ruby trips on the sidewalk, gets a massive bulge under her skin in the forehead area, and I don't notice it until an hour later. And. I take a picture of it. I'm a good mother, or at least that's what my girls say (when I twist their arm until they do). But isn't it such a pretty purple color? I just love purple.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

only when one of your girls walks around for 2 weeks with a broken arm before you "wonder" if something might be amiss and finally take her to get it xrayed...only then will i relinquish the title of Mother of the Year!

Missy said...

Oh no! Poor girl...I would think it would hurt except that she has an adorable smile on her face that I didn't even notice it until I read your post...just focused on her happy eyes and pretty teeth.

Kristie said...

Wow - Rubye that's some bump. First document the incident then ask questions, that's what any good mum would do, right?

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

poorruby

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarahhavegraetday

Celeste said...

That is so cute... I love the way your girls think... an "e" does make so much sense :) And Ouch!! That looks like it hurts!
...Sarah you are a great mom.

Jennifer said...

Wow! She sure knows how to fall...huh? You've been Supermom that past couple days with the Primary activity, sharing time, and meeting! I'm surprised you've had time to look at your children let alone take care of them. ;)

I love how they want to change Ruby's name. They are so smart. :)

Rebecca Smylie said...

They're brilliant and ahead of their time. I hadn't changed the spelling of my name until fifth grade--and I thought I was ahead of the pack.

-Rebekah

Lillie said...

And she's smiling?! Tough girl! I love it--- Rubye it is. But you should tell her that when she goes to school, her teachers might call her Roo-bye. I'm pretty certain my poor Mila will be called My-la. Oh well.

And did I really not comment on YOUR last one? About the ant-- read it in a no-comment moment I guess- so funny- I'm with Missy--- I think you should really publish your blog though-- like publish it where people have to buy it for those precious/hilarious mommy moments.

And every time I scroll down I can't help but be slightly frightened by three little words "Lillie's hairy thighs"...for a moment it's like somehow... my secret got out...

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah
havegreatday

Jamie said...

that makes me hurt.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisdarahhavegreatnihgt