Thursday, September 02, 2010

Beyond.



Since I've had more than one child, it is really hard to have one-on-one time with each of them and it makes me really sad some days.

Today I picked up Ruby from school and within an hour, Tada and Lill were asleep. Ruby and I ate lunch together, did make up and painted nails. No interruptions, an absolutely silent house. I stayed away from things that might distract me and just spent some good time with her.

We ate some cake and she teased me relentlessly. I had to physically restrain her from tickling my feet one more time. She's such a lover and I love that little face and neck like I always have.

She described herself in phrases like, "beyond beautiful" and "so so absolutely beautiful". I hope she always feels that way because it's so, so true.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are the best moments!!!

Bart and Michelle said...

Today after school Spencer said to me, "I really like Ruby. I think she's my favorite girl buddy. And she's really funny." :) I loved that...we need to get them together!

vicky said...

You are such a good mom :)