Sunday, November 02, 2008

Photos taken Saturday, November 1st. The girls were fighting so I ordered them to march outside for some... picture taking.
Today was lovely. We went to the beach after church. It was stormy and breezy with patches of rain, and the ocean was very cold. I didn't bring my camera or my phone, I just played with the girls on the sand without a care. The evening came on quickly and we sat under a pink sunset sky, Jake fishing, the girls looking for shells as Lill and I watched the birds swoop down in the evening light. It was peaceful, there were only a few people sparsely dotting the shoreline. Of course the night was not without it's one thousand potty breaks, most of which were saved for the drive home. I sat in the back seat with them and all of their paper, pens, pretzels, car seats, chatter, sticky hands, crumbs and screaming. Just an all-around great night.

p.s. If someone told me I could only do one thing all day every day for the rest of my life, it's safe to say I would choose to tickle Ruby.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely Sarah. I seriously cannot believe how long Rube's hair is! I miss them (and you) so much it hurts! Love you

ariana said...

I love how in love with your girls you are. We had a warm spell this weekend thankfully and generally just soaked it up too. I love these kinds of weekends.

Anonymous said...

i love, love the beach in the summer...but there is a some other kind of appreciataion that comes with a winter breeze off the ocean. as my dad would say... "whooh! lets you know you're alive!!"

Ash said...

Sarah! What a perfect family day!!!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

HISARAH

Clarke and Kamie said...

ooooh, so FANCY!!!! Love little girls.

Unknown said...

Sarah, The photo on you header banner is freaking amazing. Love it. Amazing detail in the places you want it. Well done

Kristie said...

I'm sooo jealous of Grace's jewels.

Celeste said...

That sounds like such a great Sunday... I'm so sick of football ALL day Sunday.

Melissa said...

Wow, I wish my Sunday afternoon was as peaceful and serens as yours. It was quite the opposite, but all well. We'll have our moments to bask in the sunset! Enjoy girl!!

Melanie said...

I'm so jealous! I haven't been to the beach for so long! I wonder if I could make it across the sand on crutches? It sounds perfect right now!

lindseyj said...

Okay, all your girls are darling. But that first photo of Ruby is honestly AMAZING! She is beautiful!

Kelly said...

Your girls have the best childhood. I can't believe how long Ruby's hair has gotten. All three such beautiful girls!