Monday, November 17, 2008

I guess it doesn't really matter that I wake up to my eyelids burning themselves into my eyeballs every morning. That I woke up at 1am, then 2, then 4, then 5am for the day. I suppose it's the least I can do for she who I chose to bring into this world. Babies certainly teach me patience and love, nudging me just enough to surpass the maniacal tendencies that only come from a profound lack of rest.

But do her eyes look tired? No, no, they do not. That girl is ready to hop on my lap and dig her fat little toes into the tender skin of my thigh while she talks to the wall, couch and cartoon.

This is the good stuff. This is it.

7 comments:

Dee said...

Here's to 'the good stuff'

Kristie said...

I love the way you write. And sleep...what's that again?

Ash said...

She is SO worth it!!!

Megan said...

Finding the beauty in things that aren't so beautiful. That's why I love your posts!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah

Missy said...

Those eyes...they are gorgeous. Lil totally has Grace's eyes right? Are they yours or Jakes? Either way, they're gorgeous.