Lillie is 2 weeks old today. I glanced at the clock right before I took these photos... 6:55p.m. Almost to the minute, two weeks ago, I met her. I have learned a few things about her since then.
1. She is by nature, a calm and content baby.
2. Pooing is a feat, only to be followed by hours of blissful, peaceful sleep.
3. She's not worried about her baby acne, she knows these things happen.
4. She feigns slight anxiety when surrounded by her loud sisters, only a shadow of what's to come as the youngest in the family.
5. She was born with beautiful lips and they're not going anywhere.
6. She loves me, prefers me, humors her father, and lastly, prefers me.
7. Those disdainful hiccups. She's tough, she muscles through them, but if she had her choice, there would be no such thing.
8. She hardly cries. She squawks a little, grunts a little. Cries even less.
9. She's more sensitive to sound than my other two babies.
10. Doesn't mind when I put my face in her face, touch my lips to hers, kiss her neck, let her latch onto my bottom lip or chin, and just generally get up in her business. She doesn't mind at all.
p.s., she doesn't sleep in this crib, this is the girls' doll crib. i have a thing for babies in small containers.