Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Deeply Felt.







Facts:

-No one stole my clothes this time, and I don't think that's a compliment.

-I definitely try to be everyone's mom.

-With Naomi, every day is a broadway musical.

-Don't make yourself sick over it: You'll never be even close to as musically gifted as Miriam is.

-When I tell you to put on sunscreen, put it on.

-If you need someone to explain how to cough or sneeze into your elbow (and why it's effective), Rachel is the woman for the job.

-When in doubt, eat.

-The stupidest stuff is always the funniest.

*Thanks Donna for the photos!!

We are four sisters missing two more sisters and our three brothers. Rachel is the oldest, she's an army medic, sky diver, recently home from serving a year in Iraq, horticulturist, food expert, violinist, marathoner, walking scrabble dictionary, and is lovingly accused of having OCD.
Miriam is a concert pianist, voilinist, returned missionary, in her 3rd year at BYU, astoundlingly good at analyzing people, tans really easily, asks really deep questions, great at word games, well read, does a great impression of Mom, and loves white bread as much as I do.
Naomi is buoyant, nurturing, sings perfectly, in her 2nd year at HSU, instinctually helpful, laughs easily, prone to injuring herself, tolerant, easy going, loves chocolate, and is very dramatic.
It helps me sleep better tonight knowing that I am helping my daughters create this same magical club of sisterhood.

12 comments:

kevin said...

so the next time all 4 of you get together i might buy jake some noise-canceling headphones.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah

Rachel Brown said...

You must have an amazing mother. nine children? Beautiful!

Ash said...

You are all so beautiful! It was so fun to see you all together! I love it!

{Erica} said...

your family is BEAUTIFUL! this brought back those old yearnings of wanting a brood of sisters to grow up with...you're so very lucky. cherish them all...*sigh*

Missy said...

This was lovely. I felt like I was reading a novel, reading the first sentence describing each character.

Laurel said...

um, do you take sister applications? (grin)

LOVE THIS! thanks for sharing with us.

Melissa said...

Yea, I want to be your sister too. Just not sure if you would have as many cool things to write about me. You are awesome! I love what you said in the end, in creating this sisterhood with your own little ones. You are an amazing person!

Kristie said...

What an amzing time you must of had with your sisters around. Grace and Ruby I'm sure would have loved hanging out with their Aunts. You are all beautiful and very talented in your own ways.

maren out my laundry said...

wow looks like such a blast. Such beautiful talented women! you must have an amazing mom and dad!

Dena said...

Your parents did an amazing job. Just as you are. Rubbed off a little.

You speak so highly of your sisters' abilities and talents...when, in fact, you, my friend are simply extraordinary.