Monday, June 16, 2008

So Grateful

The two beauties giving me a "Happy Father's Day" smile.

I have noticed my blog's gotten a bit: "tell you my feelings". I really am sick of myself. All the reflections, emotions, all these nerve endings in my brain crying out for attention and "feed me with tears and lamenting". Yes, sick of it. SO. Onto today... I never ever ever thought I'd make it to 10 days til my due date. It's all so exciting. And dang, baby girl, just turn over already!!

Here are a few things that help me celebrate my 39th week:

I am a puffy puff ball.
My lips are double Angelina Jolie's. And it's not a compliment.
I have some solid pockets of back fat.
The universe forced me to replace prenatal vitamins with lots and lots of white bread. Weird.

I have a few people to thank:

Jake, for pushing our clean laundry from our bed onto the floor and declaring, "Aw, love, WE'll just fold that tomorrow!" Mmmmm hmmm... (Jake and I disagree on the meaning of "we").

Grace, for only slamming a door in anger once the whole weekend. For refusing to eat rice for dinner and thinking, in all her genius, that an apple would suffice for a full meal.

Ruby, for saving up all weekend to fill her night diaper with stinky-stink for me this morning (Ruby and I disagree on the meaning of "potty-trained").

New Baby, for giving me just enough physical pain that having a newborn will feel easy-breezy.

11 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

wait, is Jake my husband's brother? Does he frequently suggest we do something like the dishes the next day? When the food will be all hard and the sink ten times harder to empty? When he's gone? Oh yeah. Love it. Six days and counting.

Debbi said...

sarah, sarah, sarah! I love reading your blog, it always makes me smile. I hope your girl comes soon!

Anonymous said...

miss you. love you. thinking of you often. wishing we could be there to welcome that newst girlie girl into the world, and maybe even get to meet and smooch on that other girlie girl who's coming from nyc!

you better show jake how to post cause i want pictures a.s.a.p.!!!
of course we'll be in cali from the 22nd till the 29th - but i'll have by cell phone - please have one of the girls call soon as she get's here and there's a free minute.

miss you ALL so much it hurts.

Carrie and Jeff said...

We like hearing about your emotions. Just hang in there. If the baby doesn't flip and you have to do a c-section....it's not so bad. I've had 2. It's great not having to go through all that labor.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, and apple for a meal? I can't imagine where she got that from.

Kelly said...

You are great! I love reading this blog. I know what you mean about the "we" thing. Jody tends to do that to me as well. Like Kelly we really need to do this or that. Meaning ME! Ah men. You know what they say, can't live without them.

Such cute pics of the girls. Turn over already baby girl Smylie!

LuCDay said...

Love all the blogs this week, We're back from our trip and have new pictures posted. I see you still have a baby in your tummy, Can't wait for the blog that says she's here! Love ya!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah

Dee said...

The end of that saying is, Men, can't live with them. Can't through rocks at them.
I ask Mick to do the dishes so he stacks them and says he's done. something about being too tall for the sink and getting back ache.

Dee said...

The end of that saying is, Men, can't live with them. Can't through rocks at them.
I ask Mick to do the dishes so he stacks them and says he's done. something about being too tall for the sink and getting back ache.

Celeste said...

Your girls are so cute. And I think it must be a guy thing the "we" part I maen :)