Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Here's a picture of my dad as a scout leader... I think he was about 21 years old and had my older sister Rachel on his back. I don't have the physical stamina to spend much time in this computer chair tonight, but I will say this. Today during the talks in Sacrament Meeting, I was overcome with gratitude for my father on so many levels. I was overcome also with how much I still miss him. I have lived away from my parents for 11 years and still feel that ache, sitting in church having a little cry for my wonderful, wonderful father. I miss the lines in his face, the sound of his laugh (which just isn't the same over the phone), the way he stands, his old shoes, the way he pours salsa on everything, and the way he makes every situation into a GOOD one. I love ya Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, thanks - Actually , if I had to guess, I'd say I look about 16 years old. Boy, does time fly! I miss you, too. I miss the guffaw like outbursts of laughter, the chips with the salsa, and that look of death you'd give me at the breakfast table when you were in High School when I would be in my 'singin in the rain' mode... Love, Dad

Celeste said...

What a great picture of your dad... he does look so young. I always loved hearing about all the backpack trips you guys would go on.