Wednesday, March 23, 2011




My parents with my children...

They gave me life, they gave me love and acceptance and taught me to do the same. I love them with all the unexplainable devotion a human can muster.

They drove home today... in fact, they're about an hour away right now, winding up the coast on the rain-soaked highways of California.

There was a new baby born into the Smylie family yesterday. Jake's sister, Sarah had a boy at around 11 p.m. They're in Florida, so I am very sad to say that I missed it.... and I can't see him right now, but he is healthy and beautiful.

Another miracle.

4 comments:

Casey said...

BEST EVER! They gave you life...then you gave those beautiful girls life. What an amazing gift family is. The middle picture warmed my heart :) Your parents are so great.

sharry said...

finally...we're both in the same family-missing boat. though it brings me no comfort. so excited to hear about sarah - names, weights, etc?

Jennifer said...

There's just something awesome about seeing our parents with our babies. Love the pictures!

I love your girls. The last few pictures you have posted of Matilda I think it's Lilly and I think Lilly is Ruby. They are growing So fast!

Congrats on the new Nephew!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

donbesad