Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sunday Photo.


I still can't get over the fact that I can take a photo with my camera and upload it immediately... now it's here.. documented. It was that easy. I was meant to live in the age of the internet!

Grace: Last night Jake took Grace to a Jazz game. She was dancing and cheering so well she made it on that big screen (Jake says it's called a jumbotron?) where they show members of the crowd. Daily she tells me I'm great. She doesn't have to, but she does. She's so tall and grown up now but she'll saunter over to me and curl up like a bug in my arms. She'll put her head right in my neck and it's my absolute favorite thing.

Ruby: Two nights ago I went to her bed to kiss her goodnight. I laid my head on her chest, she wrapped her thin arms around my neck and whispered into my hair: "you'll always be mine". It was so beautiful, I almost collapsed. We have used that phrase now all weekend. It just fits so well...

Lollie: She's communicating so much better. It's helping her overall behavior, too. Over the weekend a nice man walked up to her and started joking with her. He asked her a bunch of questions and she answered, smiling and giggling. He said, "You are so precocious. Can you say precocious?" She wrinkled up her nose and with a straight face she said, "No I don't! Ah don't talk to me!"

Tada: Sun still rises and sets in the folds of her neck. We kiss her all day and especially now since she's so mobile and thinks she's so in charge of her life. Jake and I are nervous. It's around this age or a little older that babies start showing their "true personalities". We're on the edge of our seats to see if she has Lillie's fire...

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Sweet girls!

Unknown said...

I am totally in love with Ruby's romantic-ness. Seriously.

Jeni said...

Blast! is what I think every week when you post your Sunday photos. I have tried to make this a tradition because it's a brilliant idea, but I have only actually followed through once.

Eva S. said...

I don't know you (stumbled on your amazing blog through a friend of your friend) but your girls are just precious. I'm embarassed to admit i've read quite a bit of it--its just so beautiful, though i feel like i'm spying on a stranger! anyways...just had to comment because what your girl Ruby said to you at bedtime, that brought tears to my eyes. I'm expecting my first baby right now, so maybe its the pregnancy emotions. What a gorgeous soul she has :)