Thursday, October 07, 2010

Reunion.


An old bird and a young bird.
 



Watching Conference

iPhones...
Dad and his mama.
The Saturday group.
Mom-- forever reading and telling stories. And too short for my couch.


The most amazing, Grandma Jeannie.
Mom, Lynn and Katie taking a walk after breakfast.



Drawing a picture of Grandma and Ruby together.
Girls in their underwear from playing in the sprinklers in the backyard.
Playing the Wii... 
Dad and his infectious grin. Some emotion would be nice, Jared.

 Music, music, a thousand times music.


Lynn loving Lillie.
Beautiful little sister-in-laws. Katie and Lynn. 







9 years in...



A lot of these photos were taken by Hannah. Thanks, Hannah! You stepped in with your camera equipment seconds after my lens hit the tile!

Wow. The weekend was incredible! On Saturday my toilet overflowed caused by the use of my washing machine and the pipes being backed up or disjointed. Disgusting toilet water flowed out of the bathroom, onto the carpet and we grabbed towels to mop it up as fast as we could. The catch? No washing machine to wash them until the plumber came on Monday. It was an interesting situation. It happened right as all of the girls in the entire family sat down for a game and dessert and all the boys were gone.

The incident brought our functional bathroom total from 1.5 to 1 for the rest of the weekend. 

But really, really.

When my parents are in my home it makes me feel half adult and half little girl, still looking to them for guidance and comfort. You relive the old days, laugh at ridiculous things with your siblings and eat so many carbs your vision blurs.

It was so fantastic. And I missed Rachel terribly. She was the only one who couldn't make it. She was jumping out of airplanes in California with her team, the Army's Golden Knights

A few things I learned this weekend:

I miss my parents and I need their influence more now than I ever have.
Tami, who my parents got guardianship of two and a half years ago has been through so much in her life. She's lucky to have us, but we're luckier to have her. I love you Tami.
My mom is the peppiest, most positive person. And if your toilet overflows, she'll mop it up with towels and then ring them out with her bare hands.
We love each other and we really, really like each other too. It's fabulous. 

8 comments:

Hannah said...

I love our family. So much love and laughter when we are together. I am so thankful mom and dad gave us the gift of each other. They are angels. That was the best weekend.

Melissa Summers said...

That was so fun to see almost all of your family together. I have not seen Uncle Dee and Aunt Jeannie for years. I love and miss them. Looks like a fabulous weekend.

LuCDay said...

I can't believe all of those people hung out at your house for the weekend. That's crazy. But then again, it would've been crazy in a 4000 sqft home too. Love all the pictures!

Amelia said...

Looks like you had such a great time together (except for the toilet overflowing). What a wonderful family!!!

Dinah said...

Sarah: I love reading your blogs, your love of family is so wholesome and good. Thanks for sharing your lovely family photos. I love the one of the hands the best.......di

miriam said...

This Post has been brought to you by I Phone where you can snuggle you brother in law during conference or just ignore the world around you. I Phone the world of tomorrow. And wii the game where you can play sports indoors and stay as white as snow while you do it from the security of your front room. wii the vampires game of choice. (real vampires that is, not those lame twilight vampires that sparkle in the sun.)

Celeste said...

It is so fun seeing your family all together... they've grown!! What a great time to be together and spending time together... awesome pictures.

Missy said...

THIS was the post I wanted to comment on too. Seeing you in FRONT of the camera, seeing how real your family is and how beautiful you all are and how much love is evidenced in photos, I can't imagine actually being there.

Am I sounding like a broken record yet? Beautiful photos...AGAIN.