Saturday, September 06, 2008

It's Rich.

Some days are a series of attempts at survival. One attempt after another, some pinning and tucking, skipping past fights, avoiding the bonfire. These days are usually Saturdays. The children had requests. We fell apart a few times, and picked ourselves back up. I fought a bee, cannonballed into a pool, wiped some bums. Jake worked a few hours, researched the motorcross races, bought some life jackets. In all this whirlwind, I mainly remember Jake and his girls, enjoying this bit of peace and quiet in a little jon boat in the middle of a lake.
He is in love with them and they are in love right back. I am in love with them all being in love with each other... This life is very, very rich. Now they are in bed, having cried about various random things the entire drive home while He and I enjoyed our Parent Club (glancing back and forth with weary eyes and tired smiles). Now my sweet Lillie is breathing her baby breath all over me and I want to eat her cheeks whole, but I restrain myself. I will lay her down in her crib so I can get my back scratched.

12 comments:

Jodi said...

Those are the moments we cherish! Sometimes far and few between, but still cherished!

Kristie said...

This looks vaguely like the aligator catching boat. Hope jake wasn't tempted to use them as bait.

Latisha said...

You truly are an amazing writer. What a gift you have for encapsulating life!

Missy said...

Perfect.

The baby breath makes me want to have this baby NOW.

I've got to ask though, are there alligators in that lake?

Laurel said...

I so love your life.

But, do you know what I REALLY love?

I love that I can love your life without being jealous of it...it's like it's enough for me just to know your life exists.

You + words = masterpiece

Anonymous said...

who said that alligator boat was a bad idea!

Celeste said...

What sweet moments. Life is rich and I love how you love how much they love each other.

Lillie said...

You just make everyone want to be in your family. You know that right?

andy smylie said...

You have a wonderful way with words Sarah, making the mundane into such a wonderous happening.

I love reading the snippets of your life with your girls and Jake and seeing them grow from one image to the next.

XO

Hannah said...

You are an awesome blogger sis. Love you

Melannie said...

You have a truly eloquent way of making the mundane little moments seem so inspirational and lovely, I love it.

Eve said...

I heard rumblings of you possibly moving back here.
I want to chime in that I think that would be WONDERFUL!
You look great!
Dodge those hurricanes.