Monday, March 12, 2007

New Chateau

These are views out the master bedroom window in both directions.

That's what I like to call home. We love it- this is our new 2200 square foot townhome recently purchased with an unwritten "live in it for at least two years" clause. We are tired of moving. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, full walk-out basement.... it's brand new, close to everything, there's a park about 100 yards away. I'm also not complaining about the $20-30k instant equity (right place, right time).

Meanwhile, I have set my goal: take my nerves down and my patience up a notch each day. By the end of the week, I should be the star mother that I know is inside me somewhere. Things have been stressed filled lately, but we are settling in.

My baby girl Grace turns four tomorrow and Ruby turned two on the 4th. I can handle this. It's kindergarten that will give me an ulcer. The other day, Ruby was being the goon that she is, and Grace looked at her and said, "She's such a funny kid, huh?" Luckily, Jake and I were both home and both heard it. At that moment, leaning over the counter laughing uncontrollably together at our daughters, is one that is branded in my memory and always will be. These are the moments we live for, right? I spent the good part of Sunday afternoon on a gigantic walk with my daughters, the whole time thinking, "this is a nice memory to make with them, I will remember how fun this was". Then, it was upon returning home and the small, simple things made me realize what life is for. It's for laughing, and having realizations of how amazing the people you love really are.

6 comments:

Debbi said...

I love your new place - it looks so fun. That is a pretty funny story about Grace, and I can't believe that she is 4! It's crazy(and sad) how fast they grow up...now I understand how my mom must have felt.

LuCDay said...

Nice new pad Sarah, can't wait to come and hang out in it! So now you have a 2 year old and a 4 year old, how does it feel? Happy Birthday to Grace today!

Unknown said...

1.) Nice house.
2.) Happy Birthday to all of you. Didn't Jake just have a birthday too?
3.) Star mother inside of you somewhere? Remember how before I met all I ever heard was how you were such an awesome mom? And then you've only surpassed expectations? Total star.

maren out my laundry said...

congrats on the new place, seems like you disapeared out of thin air! Glad to see things are settling down, now come and hang out or maybe you are just too good now. LOL
Happy Birthday to the girls also!

Kelly said...

What a nice home. You are so lucky to be able to buy. It must be nice to have four bedrooms and the square footage sounds perfect! Congrats Sarah, I am really happy for you.

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiring writer and I love reading your stuff! You really should do this for a living