Thursday, May 18, 2006

ummmmmmmm

I've got a 14 month old baby who is not only down to one nap per day, but is trying to skip that as well! She wakes up at 8 a.m.... by 1 or 2 I try to rock her, she just laughs at me and shows no signs of heavy eyelids. hm... Then I let her walk around for another hour or so. She is a little fussy, but I let her get her wiggles out. Then around 5 she'll get a little tired, but she can't handle me rocking her and does not fall asleep. She might get a 30 minute nap in the car if we leave somewhere, but that's enough for her. Then she is fully awake until 9:30 if we let her be. Uhhhhhhhh...... Anybody?

2 comments:

lindseyj said...

Dude, I sure hope she isn't like Grace and quits nap all together at this age! I have no advice for you.. If Christian ever did that, I wouldn't know what to do.. I'd probably make him cry it out until he got tired.. but thats just the mean mom in me I guess :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you have a Rachel on your hands, honey! At a year she was a no-napper. Naps started up again in kindergarten (she would be so wiped out from all the fun), but by then, you and Hannah were off naps and so just Rachel and Jared would be down, while you two lived it up! Rachel is now at the top of all our proud-of lists. Keep it up Ruby, you've got places to go! Love, Grama