Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hot.

I'm having my morning hot chocolate. Sitting down at my computer to "get a few things done"...  Which usually entails:

Put baby by the toybox
She crawls over to me
I hold her
I put her by the toybox
She crawls over to me
I hold her
I put her by the toybox
She crawls over to me
I hold her

Meanwhile Lillie wants personal attention. 

By this time, my hot chocolate is cold. But I keep reading and learning and paying bills and updating my calendar and planning for trips and school and our future and grocery shopping and lots of other mom stuff.

I have yesterday's hair and Tuesday's jeans. I feel uninspired and spent. I feel comfortable and blessed.

And Matilda crawls over to me again.

7 comments:

Dena said...

Of course she did.

Your handle on the radio should be Spent + Blessed.

xoxo

Dena said...

Ok. So that sounds like a snotty comment looking back at it. Your handle should be Gloriously Talented, Insightful, Successful, Love-Giving, Awe-inspiring, Beautiful + Spent and Blessed.

Lillie said...

I'm always shaking my head at your blog like--- HOW does she say it better than it's EVER been said?

LuCDay said...

You ARE hot! ;o)

Laura Ayers said...

You are such a great mommy & friend! :) By the way, you look great in tuesday's jeans!

jakenapril said...

sounds familiar. isn't it great being a mom? :)

Missy said...

And yet you leave me completely inspired. xo Sarie.