Monday, January 17, 2011

Thrift Store Fabric and Friends.


You know the flu has been to your house when the girls make throw-up buckets for their stuffed animals.


Thrift store fabric scraps, tape, scissors... All day, baby, all day.


Lillie my super model. 


Grace and Pinkie.


The "animals with injuries" rescue hospital. My girls always pretend that their little ones are blind, handicapped, in a wheelchair, have broken legs, need glasses, or have other infirmities. They are fascinated by differences.




Graham crackers and frosting, pretzels and friends over make the afternoon go by a little faster.

Today I want to share a link. My friend Lisa's mother is succumbing to ALS, or Lou Gherig's Disease. The disease has moved incredibly fast after her symptoms began in June. Her time is now short, and Lisa blogs info and updates for her. What a beautiful soul Caroline is. I think about her daily. This is tough, life is tough... Drop her a comment if you can. Lisa reads them to her each night since Caroline can't use the computer anymore. Comments make her day!

---Caroline Rober's ALS blog---

5 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

You almost make sick look fun :) What sweet girls you have, just like their mama!

Missy said...

I'm SO sorry the flu found you guys too. It is miserable!

But, look how great you make it look. You are incredible Sarah.

xo.

Chelsea Stewart said...

I read Caroline's blog, and I was very touched. Thanks for sharing the link, and I hope you all feel better soon!

Raelyn said...

I of course, found you through Lisa's blog. I have been reading Carolines blog since long before her actual dianosis.
It sure make me appreciate! I would recommend everyone go read to see the strength of this family!
It is what I strive to be!

Anonymous said...

If you are open to having a guest blog poster please reply and let me know. I will provide you with unique content for your blog, thanks.