Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday Photos and Christmastime.






Tired faces on Christmas morning.



My most delicious baby's first Christmas!!!



I die over that face on a daily basis.
Lillie, with a new dress and baby doll. In pure heaven.
Creating with play-dough.
Watching Daddy make waffles.

On Christmas Eve the girls opened a present they had picked out for each other. This is my favorite kind of exchange. They were so excited to receive and SO excited to give!

On Christmas morning Jake and I wielded our cameras and took it all in. Shopping and thinking through each and every gift all came down to the look on their faces when they unwrapped them. It was beautiful and so magical for the girls!

Christmas night we had my siblings and family over. We had soup, breadsticks, cinnamon rolls, hot chocolate, snacks, candy, treats, pie... and games. That's when it really started to feel like Christmas-- when your belly is distended and you laugh for hours with people you've known your entire life.

I drove down the street this morning. Everything so still, the winter emerged past Christmas Day and seemed colder and bleaker. I anticipated the coming year. Such a bright future, with hopes and dreams waiting to be realized.

There will be hard times, too, but I look forward to the good stuff!

No comments: