Thursday, December 09, 2010

Food art and famousness.

A peanut butter sandwich snowman with a carrot nose, candy eyes, pretzel arms and powdered sugar snow.
Tonight while we rounded up the girls in Cafe Rio (who were on the floor, in the bathroom and on the table), someone came up to me and told me she read my blog and so did all her friends in Washington. She then proceeded to give me 1.2 billion compliments. All from someone I had never met! (You are fantastic Alisa!!!) That's the first time this sort of thing has ever happened and Gracie told me in the car that she was glad that I'm famous and that she really would like to be famous someday.

When we got home I told Jake I couldn't do any more house work since I was so famous. Then I needed someone to take the baby so I could get busy being famous. 

But really, what a fabulous person, to go out of her way in public, come up to me and say all those nice things to me. To someone she had never actually met in person! I look up to her and she so totally made my night!

10 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

It won't be long before you need an agent. Love you-

Bart and Michelle said...

You just now realized you're famous?!? :) I love that you were at Cafe Rio. ha ha xoxo

Jenni of the Great Salt Lake said...

What a huge compliment!!! And in the restaurant that dreams are made of. . .

Anonymous said...

I agree with her. I've never met you but I really love your blog! Thanks for sharing your wit and your journey with us all!

best mom ever said...

I am also famous. People who I know and DON'T know come up to me and tell me they read my daughter's blog and it makes them love THEIR children more. No more apologies for not doing housework. I am famous! So is my daughter. So are my granddaughters!!! Wait, who needs a blog to be famous. No amount of accolades can compare with being famous because you are their mom. That's all we ever really need. (But thanks just the same, Alisa!!)

Megan said...

Get yourself some google ads. I'll click on them everyday!

sharry said...

finally. i now know someone that if it ever comes up, i can say,"i knew her when..."

it was only a matter of time.

love you...

Shannon said...

I'm the friend in Washington she mentioned! She called me last night and said "you are never going to believe who I met....it was like I saw a celebrity..." Love blogland! Alisa is the best at giving a billion compliments, think of how lucky I am to have a friend like her! And you deserve all those compliments! Yes, quit the housework, hire someone, your famous!

We do LOVE your blog. So refreshing and expressive. (my blog is just a digital scrapbook, I love to go to yours for the writing and for the heart)! Thanks.

Sarah D said...

You are totally famous! Does that make me famous by association???

Ps. my blog header came from a blog that has them for free. I can't remember which one. I'll try and remember. I just inserted my photo. Tuff stuff. Any mom could do it!

Hannah said...

Oh this is what you were talking about today! That is so rad and yea... get busy being famous and leave the housework to Jake! haha. Loved coming over today!