Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Everything.

Doing the dishes...

Today as I rubbed baby lotion on Matilda's legs, the breeze gusted through our back door and I could hear Grace and Ruby outside where they laid on a blanket together in the grass. Lill peacefully slept in her sunny room in the back of the house. The afternoon was quiet and time was still. I swaddled my warm little thing and carried her with me to the window sill and gazed out. Grace and Rube were laughing and laughing and laughing. Sunlight glistened on their hair and their lanky arms were tossed loosely around their knees as they threw their heads back in the same rhythm. The rhythm of God and nature and sacrifice and richness.

I had absolutely everything I ever wanted in that moment. Everything. And I want to remember that.

3 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

I just love catching up on your blog and reading the "simple things" that we always want to remember as moms. I am really realizing with my third how FAST FAST FAST the time goes. I dont want to raise teenagers--can they stay little?????

Carin said...

Great Post Sarah!! Teenagers are wonderful!! I love how their minds begin to take hold of the world and they are trying to figure out who they are and where they fit. Just remind them that they are children of God with a noble heritage. Help them to see that and believe in themselves and reach for the best within them, always pointing them higher, but reminding them to build those around them. I love teenagers!!!!

Celeste said...

So sweet.