Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Eating and loving.






Here she is eating cinnamon toast and telling me "Shhhhh" with her finger. She's a little off the mark (always includes smooshing her nose).

There's a huge possibility that you think she's cute. Like a cute little toddler with a button nose and round eyes. Whispy dark hair. But no one lives and breathes Lillie like we do. It's impossible to see her as clearly as we do, and I know that. Having her and all the other girls strikes me with disbelief. That billions of other parents feel the same way about their own. How could there be that much love and cuteness?

I think other children are adorable, of course. But the love affair I have for my own children's faces, their white skin, dark hair, cherubic little chins, is out of this world. It's all-consuming. I look at these photos and they absolutely stun me. Sure, she's a handful. She makes the back of my neck and shoulders hurt with all the stress she causes me minute to minute. But she's a little soul, that one.

And she loves food. More than any other person I know. And that's saying something.

7 comments:

Leanne said...

She is adorable. I miss you guys!

Baby Coffee said...

She sits. At a table? Without getting up and standing on it? I LOVE HER.

Sarah D said...

Your little girls are to DIE for! Such cute pics and special moments!

Jennifer said...

Don't mind me, I'm just a blog stalker of yours and wondered what type of camera and lens your using, great pics!

Solana said...

Cinnamon toast!!! Does everybody eat that, or just the Medleys and Messerlys? :) Glad to hear you love motherhood so much!

Devin said...

Cinnamon toast is my favorite! I love that she is such a people person and yes, she is beautiful.

I love being a mother and not being able to see how anyone could ever think that your children are anything but.

So glad you are having another.

Ash said...

I miss that sweet face!!! I can't believe how long her hair is getting! So beautiful!