Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Day of Rest.


I mean, I really feel so sad for the kids when they're sick, I do. But part of me loves it. Gracie lies in our bed, covers up to the neck and a cold cloth on her head, and talks softly to me. She asks politely for drinks of cold water and moves only slightly when I caress her head for hours on end. I just don't really mind that part, I'll be honest. We did miss the Kindergarten Academy Awards today, though, and I missed a meeting. But I get to stay home all day and nurse my girl back to health.

And just a tidbit. I've been washing my hands all day to avoid spreading germs. Girl 1 sets down her cup of juice. Baby girl 3 picks it up moments later and starts guzzling. I think we're in for the long haul.

8 comments:

sharry said...

one of the calmest/nicest christmases i ever had was when connor was about18 months and sick as a dog. instead of tearing thru my mother in laws house ripping down the christmas tree he sat cuddled, sleeping in my lap. of course i felt really bad that he was sick...but it was so, so nice just to be able to sit and visit and not make a mad dash to retrieve a bauble from his chubby little fingers every two minutes!!!

hope she's doing better...

Lindsey said...

I hate hate hate when they get sick or hurt. I love it too though for this very reason. It's the only time the Charlie will actually let me snuggle him and we can have some of those precious times together.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

pourgracie

Laurel said...

don't be surprised if i show up at your door the next time i'm sick.

this post is precious.

Laurel said...

don't be surprised if i show up at your door the next time i'm sick.

this post is precious.

Kristie said...

Oh no...last days of school and she's sick...poor thing. I hope she recovers quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hope Gracie is feeling better. I was just home with my son on Monday and I agree that there is something special when they are sick. I think it is like them reverting back to being a baby, where they rely on us for everything and look to us for comfort and to make them feel better.

Take care.

Becky in NY

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah