Thursday, February 12, 2009

When do I realize?


It's when I ask you to print something for me and you not only print it, but you staple it for me.

It's that noise you make when I plop on the couch next to you. That little sigh, the little groan, telling me you just love my warm self right next to you.

It's the way the side of your face looks when you're describing something to Ruby.

It's your sexy hands.

It's your I don't give a damn.

It's the way your eyes crinkle when you smile.

It's the way you hold your head so high and puff up your chest when you cook dinner for me.

It's the fact that you keep talking to me late at night, even when I hint that I'm too tired to, you still talk to me because you love it.

It's the way you handled me almost giving birth to Lillie in the car, the way our tears fell together when we first laid eyes on her.

It's when I peek in from the hall at church and I see you sitting on the bench with two of our girls on your lap. Each of them drawing pictures on your face with their hands. And your shoulders and back are relaxed. And you're letting them love you, and you love them 1,000 times more.

I shouldn't need a reason, but--

Happy Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

Laurel said...

ah, you make me want one.
love it.

Lillie said...

I hope you're not against all of your friends loving him just a little bit too. Because it's your fault.

Anonymous said...

You have a good one there Sarie!!

Cindy said...

Thank you for your views Sarah. You're so poetic and insightful. I love your posts!

Jennifer said...

Awww...so sweet! It is very cute to see him with his girls.

Dinah said...

Its all because he is worth loving and because he has you at his side that he is worth loving....have a big fat hug for me.....di xoxo

Missy said...

It's that photo right?