Sunday, February 01, 2009

Lillie Donna Smylie.







Nittow Niws,

As a circle of great men surrounded you to finally give you a name and a blessing, I felt the spirit of God above us. The feeling in the room was thick and I knew without a doubt that you were a gift from Him that I was afforded last year, on one of the last days in June. For your blessing day, Grandma Mary sewed you a beautiful white dress and bonnet, and there were many people there who love you very much.

You are a very unique baby. If Grace enlarged my heart with love, if Ruby divided it in two and gave me the ability to love two girls with everything I have in me, then you multiplied my heart into a million pieces, each growing in love, admiration and experience. It really is that way. You breathe air into a room, shake your head and our giggles echo through the hall, demand that we give you all the spare time and attention you deserve while gaining the perfect amount of weight in your thighs. How DO you do it?

You don't crawl, no you don't. You pull yourself up to a standing position against the couch and bounce up and down until your large head becomes the liability that it truly is and you lose your balance and fall. Not to be even temporarily deterred, you get up and do it again and again. You love your daddy and trust me, that's a welcomed change from Ruby at 7 months.

Let me tell you something. When I look at you, the noises in the background, people on TV, messes on the floor and even the sound of my phone ringing melts away. There is nothing else but your babyness. A soft pudgy body that I birthed and nursed and teased into the little person that you are now. You are unbelievably supported and loved by friends, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and sisters. You are fed well, dressed well and protected. All of these things are necessary, but will never compare to the things you give us. Thank you for arriving here safe and sound, nurturing us into more loving adults, and teaching me that sleep is for the weak.

14 comments:

LuCDay said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Krista said...

what a wonderful day. and a perfect way for her to remember.

Anonymous said...

Sarah that was an amazing letter. I miss reading your blog. Thanks for saying al that it's the way I feel but you write it so wonderfully. You're girls are blessed to have you! Love Mandy Haws

Anonymous said...

i love that she's got the gracie gap....not to mention all that other good stuff oozing from her beautiful babyness.

lindseyj said...

I MISS YOUR FAMILY!!! Jake, Kelly needs you :) He has been talking about you a lot this week.... Hope to see you sooner than later.

vicky said...

Look out, she may walk before crawling! Several of mine did that. Looks like you had a really sweet time with your family! hey...do you want to set your brother up with a pretty cute 19 year old? ;)

LeDoux said...

make no mistake about it, all of your children, including Lillie Donna, are so so so special. and i love every single one.

p.s. right now Ruby is teaching Simone how to share fruit loops. She's being very patient and nice to her. Simone, on the other hand, is showing her age. hmpf.

Lori said...

Sorry I missed it. What a beautiful family.

Lillie said...

Halfway through reading this, I had to go snuggle with Sophia for round two of "go to bed" a part of the night I usually hate and do begrudgingly.

I think she could tell I hugged her a little tighter and sang an unabridged version of Puff the Magic Dragon tonight. You really remind me how lucky I am every time I read your blog.

Melissa said...

So precious!! Everything you say is perfectly how I feel about Brinnely so thank you for putting my feelings into words. You are incredibly talented at that!!

Sarah said...

What a GREAT day! She is so sweet...like her older sisters and mom:) Thanks to Jake for Glens birthday wish! Hope all is going well!

Missy said...

You and your girls are just gorgeous Sarah.

Missy said...

You and your girls are just gorgeous Sarah.

Celeste said...

How wonderful that your family was able to be there for the blessing. She looks so adorable in her beautiful blessing gown. You are so beautiful Sarah and I am so happy for you. You are such an incredible mom!