Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I Kiss These Lips All Day.


Our little heart-faced girl slept in our bed last night. Her feet constantly in my back was very far from a massage. Lillie woke up at 11pm, 1am and 5am. Then this morning at 7:30, Jake and I snuggled in bed and heard all three girls on the baby monitor. They were all in Lillie's crib. At one point Gracie shouted, "Let go of her! Put her down! No, Ruby let her go!" That was the trigger for Jake to get out of bed and investigate. That was when our day started.

So far it's been the usual pattern. Pick up Lillie. Do something complicated with one hand. Put Lillie down. Rapidly consume cereal. Pick fussy Lillie up. Let her wrestle my entire torso while I read a few pages of real estate class. Put her down. Take a shower. Wash ice cream out of my hair from yesterday. Rapidly put on clothes from 2003 while I hear Lillie fussing in the high chair. Nurse Lillie to sleep. She doesn't want to sleep. Put her down. Help Ruby get dressed. Get Ruby milk. Make mental note of things to do (insert mundane tasks here). Pick up Lillie. Finally ready for nap. Now I have an hour! What should I do?? Clean? Laundry? Completely ignore 3-year-old? Make grocery list? Do a few things that I am supposed to? No. I think I'll finish this and then make my husband talk to me on yahoo chat about random subjects. That's always fun.

Lillie has her second ear infection in the space of 6 weeks. The threat of ear tubes is on the horizon...

8 comments:

ariana said...

With lips like that, how could you resist!

ariana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hiisarah

Missy said...

Let me just say that it was refreshing to read someone's morning equal to mine except Chloe is usually the one in bed with us since I fell asleep feeding her at some point in the night.

It's incredible what it takes to get all those little bodies dressed, fed and ready for the day right?!

I love that they were all in the crib wit her though. The difference between what Grace encountered as a baby vs. what Lillie does right? :)

Kristie said...

At times motherhood is a thankless job but it's those moments, like the ones you capture on your camera, that make it worth while. Thanks goodness we do have cameras otherwise we just might forget why we do it. xo

Chris and Cindy said...

I love reading your blog!

Rebecca Smylie said...

So, I've fallen behind on blog reading. (Like that it's like a tsk tsk in my life? LIke I'm not reading scriptures or not saying prayers or something?) But coming here this morning--a good day indeed. I love you Sarie. And your beautiful girls. And their lips. But not their ear infections.

Jennifer said...

I just happened upon your blog, but wanted to thank you for this post. So much like my life, just with older children. Thank you thank you!