Friday, December 12, 2008

What Rules?


Finally I printed some photos! Putting them up took me 'til 1a.m. Then Lillie chose last night to give me the worst version of hell... which was waking up every half hour to complain about certain things. She doesn't speak English yet, so it gets a bit confusing about what she actually NEEDS. I pick up her warm swaddled body, put her against me and feed her every last drop of milk that I have, tip my head back, and think about twenty years from now. How much free time I'll have, how much I'll miss this... etc.

I kept Grace home from school today. She's been bringing home notes from her teacher that say things like, "off task and not following directions", and "very talkative today!" with a frowny face. Here's my note to the rest of the world: "Grace needs a break from the rigors of Kindergarten life. That, and I'm going to miss her when I'm gone next week, so take that and write it down on a sticky note" (ten frowny faces). Of course, Grace is the master mind behind most messes, so in about five minutes, this happened:


I'm pretty sure they were playing "Bolt" and apparently when Ruby is "Bolt", she needs to eat cheerios, on the floor, with water... and syrup. And the syrup needs to be measured with measuring spoons. I would like to point out that the syrup bottle was FULL AND UNOPENED before she started. Do take note. All this while I had casual phone conversation with a friend. And I haven't even checked the bathroom yet.

Here she is getting ready to wrap the rest of the stuffed animals to put under the tree. Today, no uniform, no school rules, no homework, just a girl dressed in five different patterns and her "dancing shoes with heart socks". Ahh. Breath. Sigh. Love.

14 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah
messy

Caitlin Rose said...

Love it love it love it.

jakenapril said...

miy "ruby" is only 2...can't wait for kindergarten! thanks for your wonderful posts! and you're right...i have to keep reminding myself that one day i won't be cleaning up messes and swearing in my mind at the chaos and sleepless nights. one day they will be taking care of me...
ONE DAY.

jakenapril said...

uh, i meant my ashton/"grace" not ruby...oops!

Missy said...

i love your no school posts. i'm totally saying no to preschool just because i want ave home with me.

Jennifer said...

I guess I shouldn't comment on this one being teacher and all. ;)

Poor Abby will never have "hooky" days at least not unless I'm playing hooky too.

Lisa Henderson said...

I love the photos on the wall and the way you arranged them!

Megan said...

Love.

Lillie said...

your frame project! i love it! where are the frameless frames from? Ikea? buy they stick out so far from the wall. do tell. It look superb.

Lillie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lillie said...

How embarassing. I only just noticed that I'd sent my comment twice... just to accentuate the fact that I forgot my "s" on "looks".

Anonymous said...

Where did you find those frames?

Melannie said...

I love your pics on the wall, definitely talent there!! FYI we have that same dining table set...funny

Sarie said...

I GOT THE FRAMES FROM TARGET!! They were cheap.. $4.99 each.