Thursday, December 11, 2008

Miriam's Wedding

Remember this saucy girl? She's getting married to this manly man:


I want my daughters to be deliriously happy and in love one day, and the next best thing is seeing my sister deliriously happy and in love.

Lillie and I leave this weekend to go to Utah for a few days to help her prepare, and then onto Sacramento for the big day. Posting might go on a diet next week, but will return Christmas week.

Speaking of Christmas, I have angst. I think Jake and I aren't going to buy the girls any toys. This notion may change when Jake gets ready to shop, but I want to get things for them that will last, like roller skates or a little kid camera or things of that nature... With a lot of little toys, they get so overwhelmed and the amount of plastic packaging waste that's involved gives me the shivers. I really liked my sister-in-law's post on one of my favorite blogs about homemade gift-giving. Something I will implement one of these years for our family. So much more exciting.

(Engagement photography by my brother. His link is having issues today, ironically, but try back. If you need a wedding photog in Utah, call him. He's the best.)

10 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hiasarah

{Erica} said...

LOOOOOOOOVE that last shot of them in the water...super rad.

We always get the girls a few plasticy type toys (they are the Santa gifts) and then one or two more expensive toys that we hope to have around for a long time. Last year Ella got a camera...she adores it.

I'm thinking next year we'll do a homemade sort of christmas....from what I've heard and seen from those that have done it, it looks spectacular.

Lindsey said...

I do not like having lots cheap plastic toys around because they just sit in the corner untouched. i'm all about quality over quantity. which means she will have about 4-5 gifts + a stocking, which lets face it, will have a couple small cheapy toys in it.

congrats to miriam! how exciting...and how sad about timing, because we are just missing you in utah by a few weeks!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

No diets are allowed this time of year. Especially blog diets. I thought you knew that.
We'll be taking it easy on toys this year too. They stress me out.
But we will be giving any plastic packaging to Gwen for Christmas. Now THAT is recycling!

Becky said...

Congrats to Miriam! When and to what part of Sacramento are you coming? I'm in Rocklin with my parents so if it's on this end of town let me know. I'd love to hug you and that baby.

Celeste said...

I didn't know she was getting married! That's so exciting! Call me when you get here... I'd love to help if I can... and if anything we need to get together at Cafe Rio or Los Hermanos for lunch!!

LuCDay said...

Sigh, I don't live in Utah or Sacramento. How old with Lillie be when I meet her for the first time? Double sigh...

Missy said...

Tell me they used the second photo on this post for their announcement. I'm in love with it and I don't know your sister.

Totally with you on the toy thing. I think too many overwhelms them anyway.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are going to be in Sacramento next weekend, do you realize that is 3 hours from me!! I would love to meet Lillie, at least that would be 2 of 3, not so bad. If there is anyway it could work out...um, maybe you should e-mail me.