Saturday, December 06, 2008

A Few Pros.


In our 7 years of marriage, this is the 12th time we've moved. I don't know why it is, but we habitually leave. We decided to try out staying, perhaps it has its benefits? We left our apartment last week, a place my brother lovingly refers to as, "The Meth Lab". It was a little small and a little dark, I'll give him that, but we made it work. We left our apartment and moved into our beautiful home. We've owned homes before, but for some reason, living in The Meth Lab has humbled us into oblivion. Not an hour expires without us appreciating! and loving! our mansion of a place. The water runs clearer! The air smells better! The ants are kinder here! The mud is less muddy! I love the fresh paint, the way the light shines on the lake in the evening, and those trees? They're OURS. And folks, I don't have time to explain how much I love trees. I appreciate the doorknobs, the closets, the cold tile. I just love everything and I know how lucky we are. We haven't always had it good, but I have to say... it's good right now.

People I'd like to thank:
Ruby for not squeezing Gogurt on my new carpet yet.
The girls for confining the deposit of bodily fluids to the bathrooms for once.
Lillie for sleeping better in her new room.
Donna, Donna, Donna.
My Jacob.

11 comments:

Dee said...

3 rentals in 5 years was enough for me to threaten Mick with eternal seperation while I was preggers with Gus. He obviously believed me because within 6 months I had a home I intend never, ever leaving, ever. except maybe to demolish in 15 years to build the house in the right spot on the block so I can fit my lap pool.

Megan said...

Aw, it all sounds so nice. Maybe we oughtta think about settling down too. It seems like we just like to be on the go.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

when it's good, it's ohhhhh so good...

there's a lot to be said for contentment.

love you...

kevin said...

mmm gogurt is good.

Unknown said...

The shadows cast from those trees are outstanding. amazing. breathtaking. beautiful picture sarie.

Kristie said...

I can't imagine moving that many times with little ones in tow. Hope contentment last for a long time.

Missy said...

When I was little I was totally into that movie My Girl. You know the one with the kid from Home Alone (can't remember his name). Anyway, it all looked so perfect to me...the way the girl rode her cruiser and the best friends and the perfect, big, tall trees of the South.

And this photo (and post) totally make me feel like I'm IN the movie. So glad it's good.

Celeste said...

Beautiful trees! Worth the 12 moves right!

Lisa Henderson said...

Nothing feels as good as living somewhere that you love...

maren out my laundry said...

the meth lab! hahaha with those neighbors that might be true. You guys made it homey ;) This place however is BEAUTIFUL! WOW, don't you need a nanny to move to help take care of your 3 kids? ;)