Monday, December 01, 2008

Appreciating Each Day.

She's 5 months and getting balder by the minute. I find stray fallen hairs on her polka-dot crib sheet and sigh. Soon it'll all fill in. Lillie could eat me for dinner, my face, my arm, my shoulder, my knee. And I, her, likewise. Her ears dip down a little on the top, just nodding at me. Her drool smells like buttermilk frosting and tulips. And her back, don't even get me started. Her tongue curls and trembles, feeling it's way around the atmosphere. We are the only people she knows, the only ones she cares about.

This evening after dinner Ruby got her to giggle her little cheeks off and the remaining three of us stopped and stared, unable to take our eyes away from that growing baby. All the while, the clock on the kitchen wall ticked swiftly and steadily.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lillie is CUTE with or without hair! I love your new house. I'll have to come by and see it sometime.

Melissa said...

Goodness, have I ever told you how beautiful she is. My little Brinnley is a frizzy haired peanut compared to the bald and beautiful chunky lillie! I always wanted a chunky baby!

Lisa Henderson said...

She is beautiful! They just seem to grow up way to fast! Your house is awesome! I LOVE the backyard!

Anonymous said...

could ya just not be so in love with her. could just not write such beautiful prose. could ya just not take such gorgeous shots of her in all her gloriousness. could ya just not post them. could ya just not make me so jealous with baby hunger that it's now beyond reason...

do ya think...
could ya!

could ya kiss her fat little neck and tell her it's from me...

Ali Wade said...

I can not wait to see her, to hold her, and to kiss her!! See is beautiful!

Celeste said...

She is so sweet... I can't believe she is already 5 months old

Lillie said...

I just hope everyone is taking the time to pop those out. That second one--- I'm gasping--- you should blow it up REALLY big. I could totally smell the buttermilk frosting and tulips...

And do you know how much I've wanted to steal your "get right out of town" phrase for myself--- but I feel like such a theif... even here in my non-cyber world--- I've held myself back. I love it.

Caitlin Rose said...

I want to gobble her up. Her chubby cheeks and lips are to die for! I loved talking to you too! I want to visit!

Kasey said...

She is so cute! I love all the great pictures you get of her. Cannot believe she's five months old though. That's just crazy!

Dena said...

Ugh. She's just breathtaking. I love how you describe her. It's like I've known you guys my entire life. You're my friend. ...and I've never even met you.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, she is so cute!!i cant wait to hold her in two weeks!! i dont know why but in the black and white picture, she kind of looks like grandma dotty, like here eyes a little bit...i dont know. i may be wrong but whatever. i cant beleive that shse is MY neice!!

Laura Ayers said...

Lillie is darling & your pictures are amazing.

Becky said...

She is devine! I want to gobble her up!