Wednesday, November 05, 2008

At Home Today.

After Jake spent thirty minutes showing Grace how to smile with her teeth, she smiled like this. And the afternoon of picture day, she came home and promptly announced she smiled with her teeth showing, just like he asked! Liar. If she only knew how beautiful she really was! She was sick last night, throwing up, so I kept her home today. I think if she had the sniffles I would have kept her home as well, I miss her. If I was responsible enough, I would do home school. Right now she and Dubes are wandering around with stuffed animals tucked in dish towels. Because that's what happens in their normal world. That's what would probably happen if I did home school. Possible agenda: imaginative play, breakfast, more play, beach, possible singing of the ABC's on the way home, dress up and dance in the living room until dinner. Ya... see what I mean?

13 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah, that's why I don't home school either. And I'd probably throw in "movie time" to their school time too.
I love the picture of Grace.

Lillie said...

And the thing is--- she would probably still learn everything she needed to know, and just be that much more SURE of herself. I wish wish wish I had the strength/guts/organizational skills to homeschool too. I think my head would explode. It sounds really hard.

Bethany Medley said...

she is so beautiful! that is her first huh? that is so awesome, pretty soon, she will be beating you at scrabble so watch out! :)

ariana said...

Maybe she did smile with her teeth and the photographer was just slow. She looks just lovely anyway.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Good call Ariana! Aren't you so glad that Grace and Ruby have each other? Stuffed animals tucked in dish towels. I love it. And the school uniform. It's too much for me. Love, love, love.

LuCDay said...

I like Ariana's comment, let's give Grace the benifit of the doubt. All though I probably wouldn't do that for Alex. I didn't even buy Alex's school picture...is that bad?

Jennifer said...

In Gracie's defense, I think they do take two pictures and they choose what they think is the better one to send home. I'm not positive, but I vaguely recall getting two pictures taken and only getting one back.

I lover her hair! It's all "flowy" and almost looks like a painted picture.

Lindsey said...

She's soo big. I can't believe these crazy kids grow up so fast. I'm going to have to keep Charlie home for all occasions too. It'll be quite around here with him in school next fall.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah

{Erica} said...

you are such a good mom. a wonderful writer and i love the picture.


k so this might sound weird...but do you know anyone who lives in Pleasant hill, CA? on my stat tracker someone from there has been looking at every single post/page from the first post i wrote and so on....anyway, i saw that they came from or went to your blog...so maybe you can help me so i don't freak out and go private. I don't mind people checking out my blog but this is starting to freak me out.

anyway, let me know...

Lindsey said...

I like Ariana's comment too. As for home school, I'd probably go insane, so that's not an option for me. :)

LeDoux said...

that is such a cute picture. i want one!

Missy said...

It's weird, but after I read this and knew she was home from school - I felt like I could sort of breath better. Like, phew, Ruby's bf is home rather than at school. Thank goodness.