Sunday, October 19, 2008

On Saturday.





We are surrounded by water here in Florida. I've always had a spiritual relationship with water in all its forms. I think a tall glass of water is more delicious than chocolate cake. I love the rain, snow, rivers, lakes and fog. I even like chewing ice. When I am at the beach, I feel more in tune with my soul than any other time. It's peace and equality. It's earth, sky and ocean converging during which I am only a humble witness. This evening the ocean made music when it lapped my ankles and reminded me of how small I am compared to this huge moving mass of liquid. The world is big, it's wonderful. It lays itself out ahead of me like the galaxy above it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen...

Rebecca Smylie said...

Ha! I wish, I wish, I wish that I thought a tall glass of water was more delicious than chocolate cake. Thanks for the links also--most instructive.

Ash said...

I LOVE your pictures!!!

Jennifer said...

I love your take on the beach. I've always lived "near" the beach and take it for granted. Can you believe that Abby has never been to the beach. Well technically she was when she was two months old, but that was just for a wedding and not to sit and enjoy (or get burnt).

Missy said...

SO with you on this.

vicky said...

I agree and I think that is the reason it comforts me when I am going through such difficult times.