Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cereal At 11 a.m.


Today I: woke up to a broken fridge, five loads of laundry, mommy-daughter cereal with Ruby (she really calls it that). I: re-committed to morning yoga, got a new fridge, washer broke, lots of phone calls, a fixed washer, more phone calls, chewed on bottom lip, waffled about growing Ruby's bangs, stole my husband's night table and made it mine (we only have one), folded spouse's socks, had a Smylie talent show, made dinner with baby in a bjorn, shoulders tingled. Realized that for the first time, Grace can shower herself completely, get her pajamas on, brush her own hair and teeth and just generally act old and mature. Who would have thought...?

7 comments:

Debbi said...

I love your picture. I can't believe that Grace did all that too - when did she get old enough to be old? I love how you stole Jake's nighttable. We only have one too, and I get to use the filing cabinet for mine. Maybe I should use your idea and trade...

Kelly said...

All of these recent pics you've been taking of your girls are to die for! How adorable is ruby? I love the pic of Grace in the pink turtle neck and the two in the pink shirt. I've decided that when our kids are older, much older (tears) we are setting them up!!!

Missy said...

I LOVE that photo. And I love feeling like we are kindred spirits via a blog.

Anonymous said...

i love how each respective cheek nestles so perfecty with the other...like ruby's cheek was shaped just to fit with yours...perfect for butterfly kisses.

and gracie so hygienically independent!? embrace it for all it' worth...

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

sooooocute

Celeste said...

What a day Sarah. You are Ruby are so cute in this picture. And I'm so happy that Grace can get herself ready on her own... except that that also means she's growing up to fast!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah