Thursday, September 11, 2008

Delicious.



Your sister hit you last night. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I heard your cry. Such a confusing thing, protecting you from another girl that I love so much, but it had to be done. You deserve just as much of a chance at this life with all of its toys, bikes, and towels turned into baby blankets as all of us. When presented with a challenge, you set your jaw, lower your brow, and head straight into the storm. Every single time. First one on the boat? You were. Girl that wants to be tickled for hours on end? You. Absolutely the wackiest sense of humor? So you. Ready to smack any kid, any size, for messing with you? That's you all the way. And surprisingly, you are the most maternal little three year old, and I'm so proud of that. You're a creation that I would never half expect to be my privilege to raise. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, Rubes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kiss those lips, and stroke those cheeks, and nuzzle that neck for me. ok!?

Dena said...

Precious. Just. Precious.

It's amazing...these "delicious" little miracles you've been given to watch over, protect and teach. Ruby is beautiful. Sounds like she's as strong as her momma.

Rebecca Smylie said...

I love her. Absolutely love her.

Missy said...

Do you have photos framed in your house everywhere? Because somewhere in your house I imagine a set of all three girls, by themselves. And I would choose #1 for her (without even actually knowing her) because it shows off so much personality.

Kelly said...

She is just precious. Reminds me so much of Cohen's personality. Love it.