Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Days

Running out of the water as a beautiful afternoon storm rolls in.
Below: A gorgeous morning.
Jake and Ruby are constantly in this type of interaction. Him feigning deep concern while she drills him with very serious topics.
My brother in law caught a blowfish.

We are having a great time at the beach. I had some time today to post these pictures, we came back into town for my doctor appointment and Jake had to work today. Grace's front tooth is SUPER loose and I told her we could make a deal: maybe her tooth and our new baby can come out the same day? We shall see. The dr. said I am 2 centimeters dilated and 50% softened. Which really means absolutely nothing. It's just nice to know I'm more than 0 cm and 0%. He also said that he would be surprised if I made it through the weekend. You all heard it. Let's see if that's really true. I'm feeling so heavy and large now, I can't imagine going another week. It certainly would test my inner strength and sanity. Here's to another few days of waddling along the beach!

10 comments:

Missy said...

Hooray! A post. Just to know that you are there and the baby girl #3 has not come quite yet. The beach looks GORGEOUS.

Anonymous said...

LOVELY PICTURES. ABSOLUTELY LOVELY. What a fun day. Take Care of yourself!

Lillie said...

I was just thinking, I may as well leave like a checkmark for every time I check in with no update, since I've done it like 5 times a day, just so she knows how obsessed I am with her baby news. And then I thought. She might not think that's cool-obsessed, maybe just pathetic-obsessed. But then I just told you.

Thanks for the update. And what beautiful pictures. I'm a little bit jealous of your 30mm. I can definitely tell. Oh well, helps to know I didn't have an option.

Anonymous said...

I had an appointment (3:30pm) that was 3 days after my due date and I was 2cm. I ended up in the hospital that night and had her in the morning. So...how you feeling? :)

Oh and I'm obsessed too! :) Can't wait to see her.

Jen

Debbi said...

oh, I can't wait! I love the beach pictures and that morning one is gorgeous, but come on baby! I hope she comes soon. That one of Jake and Gracie is so cute!

Kristie said...

So glad you all had a great time.

Hope bub comes soon...checking your site for news has become an obsession...one that can only be cured with cute pics of a relieved mother and a peaceful new born. We're thinking of you. Good luck. xx

Dena said...

Ooohhhhh!!! I can't wait! I love the morning beach picture...beautiful. The one of Ruby and Jake is just perfect! How sweet!! I'm so glad you took the time to do a post!! I check in everyday (like 5 times a day!). :o)

Laken said...

Yay! Glad to know you all are having a good time on vacay. This weekend............so exciting! Good luck!

Rachel Brown said...

i have to admit, i'm on baby watch too. Blogging makes me feel more connected to family i haven't seen in forever and some i have never met. The colors in that top photo are so relaxing, they have inspired thoughts of bedroom redecorating. i'd love to put that muted blue and green and sand on my walls...
anyway, good luck with baby. so glad to hear she turned for you.
cousin Rachel

Dinah said...

I am there with you girl, hoping and praying all goes well and that Miss #3 gets her rear end in gear soon and joins this large, loud loving family. I may be in Florida at the end of July and may get to see this precious bundle for myself. Can't wait to see you if that comes to pass. As for the photos, they are so beautiful and I am so looking forward to smelling the sea and sand. God bless, darlin'............love A/di