Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Anyone?

Has anyone ever tried to turn a breech baby? Because that's what they're going to do to me at the hospital at 8a.m. tomorrow. All I know is that I have one NAUGHTY baby on my hands. How can you be head down every single appointment except the 38 week appointment? You can if you're a little sassy pants like she is. But by the ultrasound, we know that she does HAVE HAIR! And it's spiky. Can't wait to see her. If the "version" goes well and she stays head down, then I will just wait a few more days, or weeks, until I go into labor on my own. If they can't turn her, then I will have to schedule a c-section for the next week or so which I have never had... ugh. And if they turn her and her heart rate goes down or her cord "compresses" or gets wrapped around her neck, then they're going get her out tomorrow. But that's a very small chance, so we will plan on best case scenario.

Wish us luck...

10 comments:

lori said...

Oh my goodness Sara..good luck. Please let me know what happens. I will be thinking about you!

Kate said...

hi sarah- it' Kate, Lindsey's friend. I have a had a version hurts like crazy and it didn't work, (actually very rarely works), had to have a c-section, which wasn't so bad. good luck!

Unknown said...

Ha dang. Sounds like she'll be a regular smylie kid. She's already hard at work being a punk.

Anonymous said...

little stinker!!! annette, my sister in law, her last baby was tranverse...they turned him...he flipped back...they waited...and waited...finally, right before they thought they would need to take further action he decided to do right by his mother and flipped himself. he remains to this day strong willed and headstrong, willing to do things only on his terms if he can possibly help it.

her chances of being strong willed are pretty certain - have you met your other 2 girls? or any of the women in our family for that matter?! just think how proud and thankful you'll be when she's using that tenacity to stand steadfast and immoveable as a teen, telling it like it is to her friends!

good luck sarah - i hope all goes well - i know it won't be fun, but at least it will soon be over, and your future birthing story will be way more interesting than most!!!

we love you, we'll keep you in our prayers. hugs and kisses to the girlies, and to our jake.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....good luck! That sounds so scary! Keep us posted!
xo

Jen said...

There is hope. One of mine flipped at the last minute (she was transverse) and she came out without a hitch. Good luck, I 'll be thinking about you.

Kristie said...

Sarie good luck. Both my pregnancies ended in c-sections - if it comes to this it will be fine. Hope she turns, already love her hair, can't wait to hear all the gory details and the beautiful pics. xxxx

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hisarah

Kristan Carter said...

Oh GEE don't you love kids. They have a mind of there own even before they come out. Good luck I will be thinking of you. We want pictures asap after she come out. You may need to teach Jake how to blog.

Megan said...

Talked to Mandy today- heard the news. Oh girl! I'm sorry! Let us know how it goes. Good luck!