Thursday, April 10, 2008

Strawwwwwberries

Every night.. kids are in bed, it's about 9pm, I've been hungry since 5 minutes after dinner, I decide to have my nightly snack. Sliced strawberries, mixed with a bit of sugar. Sometimes add some sliced nectarines or some sliced cantelope...
And I chow. It is officially my favorite part of the day. And look! I get crafty sometimes! Here are the four blankets I made for the new baby. That's three more than I made for Grace and four more than I made for Ruby... Since this one's getting all hand-me-down clothes, I thought I could wrap her in something pretty.
I've been busy getting my Florida Real Estate License. It's taking forever. The Florida RE commission is a bit picky and they send me lots of letters about fingerprints, fees, etc. All the classes are online, though, which is a stark difference from Utah! I'm thankful for that.

Update on my neighbor: She had her baby, a new little girl. She now has six kids and her husband is STILL in jail about the probation thing... She leaves her newborn home by herself a lot to take the kids to and from school. But who am I to judge??

Explanation: Grace's belly button became infected when she put the Shredded Wheat crumbs in it and rubbed them around a bit, creating numberous abrasions (since the crumbs are kind of sharp), which turned into these little sores. But I own a tube of Neosporin, and we are fixed. So it wasn't like the crumbs were in there for weeks growing mold... I bathe her at least every three days, ok people??

13 comments:

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

I wish that I craved fruit when I was pregnant--I only want deep fried donuts (which I hate when I am not pregnant)! I am impressed with your sewing abilities! Very cute blankets!

Anonymous said...

Cute blankets. Your neighbor is crazy, crazy, crazy. Makes me sad.

Debbi said...

I LOVE your blankets! How cute and crafty you can be! I wish I craved fruit, I crave only things that are bad for me, but oh well! kinda strange about the neighbor but at least they are ok...and you are there watching out for them!

Kristie said...

That's my favourite time of the day when the little ones are tucked up tight and the peace has been restored to the house. Happy sewing. xx

Lindsey said...

Seriously, Sarah - one of my favorite blogs to read. Serious. I had strawberries last night too. Yum. I also love the chowing during naptime...isn't it so nice to sit down and relish your food?!

Baby blankets are adorable.

LeDoux said...

wait? the neighbor leaves the baby home? um, you should be judging, all the way to social services. sarie, isn't that like, illegal? i need more info. i'm going to call you.

Dinah said...

Dearest Sarah (Jake and Family: It is so much fun getting to know you through your blog. Your blankets are lovely. Will look forward to news of the baby's arrival......love A/Di

StrykerLOVE said...

pretty material for your blankets. i miss going to fabric stores. haven't done something like that for a long while and probably wont for a long while yet but still itch too! good job and gold star for you :-) i feel for your neighbor (and for you living by her) must be hard having 6 by yourself in such a dead end situation like that. good thing you care enough to be concerned. too many wouldn't.

LuCDay said...

I love the blankets, I saw those prints at JoAnn's and wish I could buy them all and make blankets for people. But I had to focus on why I was really there so I walked away from the very cute, very trendy baby girl fabric and didn't look back. Nice to see what they would've looked like had I caved in.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Oh so domestic on the blankets! You're already a better mom for #3. The thing is, I kind of feel sorry for the Wee when I think about how much I don't know right now. WHen my third comes, lucky child, I'll know everything. That's how you feel, huh? No anxiety at all.

Kelly said...

I crave fruit when I'm pregnant as well. Strawberries, pineapple, kiwi and watermelon. Yum!

Those blankets are adorable. Put the ones I've been making to shame.

Your neighbor leaves the newborn at home? Wow that is scary.

Anonymous said...

Every three days??? Are you CRAZY??? We go at least 4 or 5! LOL

Hannah said...

That's awesome. I had no IDEA you could make those things. Where have I been HELLO! I love that last bit about Grace's belly button. That is freaking hilarious. I think you should print all these things out and put them in a book for the girls when they get older, they'd love it!