Tuesday, April 22, 2008

She's Back


My sister Miriam is home from her mission! She served in San Antonio Texas, Spanish. We all missed her so much! The picture of all of us sisters (we also have three brothers) was taken outside the Sacramento Temple in 2006. My parents drove down from Eureka, CA, and the rest of us drove out from Utah to meet for a temple trip.
Here are my brothers and me. They're a riot:
And here are my parents:

My mom looks little but don't be fooled, she's the cornerstone of our family and I [actually] miss her perfectly organized Saturdays! I wish we could all be together, but that won't happen until January when everyone comes back from their distant parts of the world. No matter where you are, having family around means you are home. I'm so lucky to be living around Jake's family, because it feels the same way.

So a big welcome home to Miriam. I am so proud of her and the 18 months of service she's put in. Sacrifice, day after day, to share our gospel to thousands of people. Glad to have her concert-piano-playing, deep-thought-harboring, humorous-remark-making self back in the real world (we need her here now to keep us righteous).

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm the first to leave a comment. So good to have Miriam back. Now we just have to get her to Utah.

Alex and Mitch said...

So I've just gotten back into the blogging world and decided to check out yours and am so excited to see that Miriam is back!! That seems like it went by so fast! I'll be around Kelly's and my parents for the next couple months and then back to Utah so hopefully somewhere in there I'll get a chance to see her. tell her hi!!

Kristie said...

Wow, you come from a very large family. Just imagine the kaos when you all get together - I bet you cannot wait. xx

Dinah said...

Thank you for introducing your family...what a wonderful heritage. Much love ...a/Di

StrykerLOVE said...

i didn't know you came from such a BIG family! love that - love it when all my sisters and bros get together like that. It makes life perfect, those moments.

Celeste said...

Welcome home Miriam... it crazy how fast the mission goes... how fun that your family is getting back together.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Miriam!!!

Brittany said...

I love the sisters picture! You are all beautiful! What amazing parents to have that many wonderful children! I am good with two for now! Hope you are enjoying your prego cuteness!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

HISARAHCUTTE FAMILYPICTURES

Rebecca Smylie said...

i think we all should come from families of nine. even grace and ruby

Melannie said...

I thought my mom had a lot of kids(5), but yours almost doubles ours.
Ryan and I however have stopped at three, it's a magic number(school house rock). Hope things are going well with you!!

Missy said...

So, I think I was reading your blog and never commenting when she left. I seriously cannot believe she is already home. Amazing...and I wish you could see her before January!

Kate said...

Oh my heck. Seriously, how did your parents do it? I am FREAKING out at the thought of having my second in less than 3 months! Help me Sar! I need your advice :)