Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pros and Cons

Cons:
My back hurts.
My face looks bigger.
I have an overall "matronly" physique... (Hi, I'm Helga, let me make you some stew!)
When I lose control of my children in public, people REALLY stare, like 'she cannot think that she can handle ANOTHER one!'
I have to be very careful to avoid looking like a tent.
June 26th is very, very far away.
Everything is itchy and stretchy.
I look twenty times worse when I cry.
I cannot be in any pictures anymore. I just can't take the reality of the weight gain.

Pros:
I can feel my new baby girl moving all the time.
I live by the beach.
I can eat whatever I want.. and the consequences will all blend in at the end...
My brain has stopped working and started thinking only of the baby and what needs to be done for her. A state of ignorant bliss, I tell you.
I have an excuse for things.. like eating late at night and not exercising.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that pregnancy thing is such a sharp double edged sword. the cons list always seemed longer than the pros list...but the pros always outweighed the cons in the end - usually by a good 8.2 to 10.6lbs! love ya - i'm with you in spirit!

Jen said...

I bet you look beautiful! The cons will all be worth it in a few more months when you are holding that scrumptious smelling little baby in your arms!

Kristie said...

I totally agree with your food comment. one of my favourite things about being pregnant was that no food group was off limit and I could always justify the amount I was eating and how often. I wish I had that excuse now!

Debbi said...

I lvoe that excuse about eating anything! it's the best. I wish we could just make it last for all the time. I bet you look fantastic!

Celeste said...

I think the pros out weigh the cons and I'm sure you don't look as bad as you think!! ...p.s. lucky you getting to eat whatever you want!

Missy said...

You are seriously my favorite person. We need to meet.

Kelly said...

Hi Helga! You crack me up! Okay so I get that look all the time with my three kids. You have to admit there are some good pros when your pregnant.