Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet



Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last night at his apartment in Salt Lake at 7pm. He was the 15th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I remember a hush coming over whatever group I was with while watching conference. A hush would fall as he would walk to the podium as the first or last speaker of the session. We would all become reverent and listen to his words, only to hear a really funny joke that would get the 21,000 people seated in the conference center all cracking up laughing. He was amazing. A landmark Prophet and a man that I learned so much from.

His wife has been waiting for him since April 2004, so they are probably so happy to be together again.

5 comments:

Debbi said...

I always loved when he would tap people on their head with his cane (that he never used!). He was a great man and will be missed. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. It's hard to accept that he is really gone. At times I find myself in denial. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this time.

Kelly said...

Great post. I totally exprienced the same hush when he spoke. I'm so happy for him.

Celeste said...

What a wonderful person and prophet he will be greatly missed.

Rhiannon said...

I love your quote from him. That makes me feel so good inside.