Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I can't stop.







Like a tub of red licorice, like my brother talks on the phone to his girlfriend, like my daughters make messes, like Utahns love bumper stickers, photography is for me.
Now, the marriage of children and photography hasn't always been easy. It's as juxtaposed as "online journal". Makes you nervous at first... then you try it... and you're just as nervous, but hooked. I promise to add more text to future posts... but a picture is worth a thousand bribes, tears, scraped knees, obscenities, and a million words and countless thoughts. And there you have it.

10 comments:

{Erica} said...

your love affair with the camera shows in your beautiful pictures! the one in the doorway is my favorite....i love natural framing!

Jamie said...

Love it! I need to get a nice camera, and I know I'll be hooked. My sister and my Dad are both extremely gifted when it comes to photography... as are you!

Unknown said...

Sarah--you are so good at this. Are you getting better? I think you're getting better.

Kelly said...

Don't. These pictures are gorgeous. You are such a cool writer.

Kim said...

I love the pictures. And the song Gracie melted my heart!

Jamie said...

I just showed Brad your most recent post... now we are obsessing! What kind of camera do you have? You have a good eye, these pictures are amazing!!

Jamie said...

btw, your girls are gorgeous!

Hannah said...

Okay psycho sis, you're making me look bad! I am sooooo excited to see you Sunday:) And I love the photo of Grace crying, content material!!

vicky said...

Katie said...MY FRIENDS! She was so excited to see these pictures! I love the one at the end...priceless.

Lillie said...

By the way. The pictures-- ALL of them-- are BEautiful. Photography- another thing I utterly covet about you, my friend I've never met. :) Your girls are so beautiful.