Sunday, October 21, 2007

hair, music, snow.

Ruby in the kitchen on a snowy Saturday after her father has hairsprayed her bangs Very Vertically (and placed a random rubber band at the top just in case the wind blows the 80's bangs). You know, just a normal day...
And. The Sara Bareilles concert (I'm too lazy to remove the red eye). She was amazing of course and called me out in the middle of the crowd as her "friend from high school" right before she sang, "City" about her moving to L.A. and missing people from back home. She hung out with us in the crowd during Paolo Nutini's performance. It was so great to talk to her. She is happier than ever with all of her success! My childhood friend Laurel is on the far left and she came down from Idaho for a few days and stayed with me. She's got two blonde kids who are in this picture with mine:
Now Grace and Alex are "best friends forever" (and that is a direct quote from them). Johnny and my Ruby on the other hand... sort of an abrasive situation.

Nothing like a good glare from a girl wearing a CTR ring, which ring is worn DIRECTLY on the knuckle. I tried to make it more comfortable, perhaps above or below the knuckle bone, but she insisted, as usual. She is really good at insisting. She was actually born insisting and hasn't stopped since.

Not much else is new except it snowed like three inches and I had to use a SNOWSCRAPER this morning. Maybe Thanksgiving has come and gone and I was unaware?? But seriously, the snow was MAGICAL. I opened the window to hear the snow last night because you can't hear it and I wanted to hear how silent it was.
The Report: it was very silent. Photo on the way to church this morning:

Oh ya know, just a GAP ad.

Sometimes I wish I could spend a day as a two year old boy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Snow? Oh I'm jealous. It does look perfect. And your photography Sarah, it gets better and better. I'm not going to comment on how mature and hip Grace looks with her hair in those pigtails. I like the one of Ruby a la Jake's hairdo better, it makes it feel less like time is moving way too fast. Missed you this weekend!

Jen said...

I can not believe you got snow! I haven't seen snow in so long. Grace is still beautiful with her scowl!

LuCDay said...

I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! I will come down more often. I miss you too much! Thanks for all the pictures, music, shopping, talking and most of all pita bread and chocolate chip pumpkin bread. YUM!

vicky said...

Ruby's picture is so funny! Did she cry? My girls' always cried when I did funny things with their hair. Sounds like you had fun at the concert too! Great pictures!

Megan said...

I wanted to go to the concert so badly! It didn't happen for me. But it looks like you had a blast! p.s. uuuuuummmmm... when can you take pictures of my children? You take beautiful pictues, lady.

Naomi Campbell said...

dude rubys hair is hilarious!! i can not wait to come out there. and snow! totally awesome. i havent seen that stuff forever!! looks like you are having way too much fun!! love ya. and see you soon!!! whoo hooo!!!
love nomes