Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bit Jealous



This is what I freakin' did (you can sense the anger in my voice, right?). It's a young adult fiction novel and it's written by my friend and old roomate AnnDee Ellis. She's kind of a jerk for writing it because it's actually really good. I'm almost done with it (I only bought it last night, ok??). Almost the whole book is an 8th grader's inner dialogue and it's published in the most unique format I've ever seen (you will see if [when] you buy it).
AnnDee is amazing and I went to her release party last night.
"AnnDee, you look so beau--"
"Wholesome?", crinkling her nose.
I laughed but seriously, she looked cute, and radiant, and many other things from Charlotte's Web.
So I've got a friend with a published novel. And a friend with a #1 selling album. Why doesn't one of my friends just become a famous photographer and just get this agony overwith? I guess it's not really THAT bad... (fake nervous laugh).
I really do have the best life. And it's not even half over (hopefully). Watch for Sarah the cruise ship singer making her debut at age 58!!

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

ann dee knight ellis...such a small freaking world...i went to school with her and played soccer with her...cRAZY!... I can't wait to read her book!

Debbi said...

HAHA! Your posts are always so much fun to read! I always think I'm going to be 65 before I get anything done - so you at 58 will beat me :)

Unknown said...

I'm going to read it. Things like this always inspire me. You can do it Sarah!

Missy said...

I wnat to read it too...next Borders stop.
I'm dying at the cruise ship singer line. You are so funny. I want to get on that cruise!

maren out my laundry said...

Wow you have some amazing friends which says a lot about you sarah!! You are raising two beautiful girls which is the most amazing thing right?

vicky said...

I think you have some amazing talents Sarah! FUN mom, GREAT friend, BEAUTIFUL photographer, and FABULOUS writer! I love to read your blog.
~Vicky

Ann Dee said...

Sarah, you're the best. Thanks for coming and asking questions and living with me and always being so genuine.