Monday, June 04, 2007

Life is a McDream.

Fast forward to summer. All things hot including rosy cheeks when the girls play outside, having to wash my shirts EVERY time I wear them (in the winter, this is unneccesary), and the girls doing lots of "swimming", which means filling up anything large or small with water right by the front porch and getting anything large or small wet. ALWAYS consisting of wearing a swimsuit, even if the objects getting wet are two or three toes.
So I don't have a drug problem. Or alcohol. No no, nothing like that. I am just addicted to Grey's Anatomy. Nothing is more fun than not having watched ONE episode the entire three seasons it's been on... then I happen to download one episode. Then another.. and now I daydream about what will happen next, find parallels to my own life and remember quotes from the show. And when I can't watch the latest downloaded episode on iTunes because Jake needs the computer for something CONSTRUCTIVE (can you believe the nerve of that guy, stealing me away from the show?), I read a book, which is a very good book and I will post on that later...
What is happening to me??? I need to start sleeping again!
I have become obsessed with free time!

9 comments:

Kasey said...

Welcome to the world of Grey's! I am addicted myself, along with every other person I know. I think it's great to get into a show a few seasons into it. It's great not to have to wait a week, or a summer to know "what's gonna happen". However, I do find myself watching one show after another and before I know it, I'm halfway through the first season in one season!
Good luck and I can't wait to hear about the book you're reading!

Debbi said...

Is is sad that I love summer but am SO sad that summer means that Greys isn't on. Besides I think you can dance, I have a hard time with summer shows. I LOVE Grey's. I tried to get Wade addicted but for the first season he was too worried that that is what his real residency would be like!Haha! Seriously, I am addicted. I am sad the way it ended this season - I am sad for Kristina and George used to be my favorite but I'm having a hard time with him now...does he have to sleep with every one?

Good luck waiting and reading!

Jen said...

I had never watched Grey's until mid way through the second season. I actual bought the first season and watched it and never saw the second season on TV because I didn't want to miss anything. I then bought the second season and watched it all in a matter of a few days. Commercial free, with no week break in between episodes was FABULOUS! This season, I just haven't watched as much because they had too many re-runs and it made me impatient.

Unknown said...

We also got addicted. It was bad when normal things like brushing my teeth had me thinking about Grey's. It will take over your life. Go with it.

Lindsey said...

I started watching grey's after I had isobel last year. I was addicted and couldn't believe what I was missing. Love that show. Especially the first two seasons. those are my fav.

LuCDay said...

Wow, I feel a little out of the loop. Haven't seen a single episode. And I guess I'd better not either unless I have a lot of spare time, sounds addicting. Funny you should mention summer though because it's been so cold here these last couple of days that I had to turn on the heater, what's up with that?

{Erica} said...

I LOVE Grey's Anatomy! It's always a super treat when you can rent full seasons or download them...no commercials...maybe I'll do that next season that way I don't have to wait a week! I loved the way you wrote your blog and I popped over onto your photography website...nice! mine won't be ready for a LOOOONG WHILE...so I'll just keep looking at yours and having a Mcdream of my own.... :)

maren out my laundry said...

I prefer mcsteamy, or even better mchearty (Denny, DANG!) LOL glad you are enjoying your summer. Much like me my free time is usually late at night and I'm a zombie most of the time lately.

Kelly said...

I am so glad that you have found Grey's! It is my favorite t.v. show. Jody and I started watching last year right before this third season started. Let's just say we were obsessed! We would stay up until the wee hours of the morning. After each episode we would look at each other and say,"just one more?" I love the writing in the show. You're so lucky to have both seasons to catch up on!