Friday, February 23, 2007

A bit displaced

Just slightly homeless. Homeless in a very brief circumstance, but the homelessness leaves its print no matter how short. Moved out of a home, can't move into a new one until the stupid appraisal gets reviewed or some such nonsense which will take several more days. Meanwhile, we are living with Hannah, Sean and Kayla, who are all turning out to be great housemates. It snowed today. Something tells me it will be snowing in April like it did last year.
I have been staring at my hands today. They are getting wrinkly. There are real permanent grooves forming in these babies. They are looking like my moms always did, a little extra skin on the under side of the fingers. I loved my mom's hands. Not so fond of what my hands are looking like, but I better love it.. these things only get worse. I have a million things to say and only a few hops of energy left in me tonight. I am so grateful for my family. They give me a piece of asphalt to stand on (and in some cases, live in). I see my sister Hannah almost every day. She is my best friend, and I am so grateful for the gift that she is in my life. She's the only one that I'm not embarassed to cry in front of! Anyone of my siblings would be as close if we lived in the same place, I am sure of that. I love all eight of them with a passionate longevity, surpassing nothing except the love I have for my Jakie and my girls.
It's almost midnight... I'm taking the girls to the Children's Museum tomorrow. There's a new one in the Gateway Mall, downtown Salt Lake, that is supposed to be really great. My blogging community really fulfills me in ways I would never expect. Thanks for always reading and being supportive- everyone. Loves.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great blog Sarah..sorry about that homelessness part. Sounds like you are in a good place, though. I bet Gideon's ears were burning last night...we had all four of our missionaries over and Elder Lyman was talking about him and giving us the details on what he looks like and basically just saying how much he enjoyed being around him in the MTC and that he was going to be a fantastic missionary! Good to know about your brother, huh?

Hannah said...

Sarie, I just read that and it's March 1st. I was teary eyed thinking about how you aren't here anymore. You are always welcome in our house, even if it is 900 square feet!! We loved it. You are truly a star of a sis, Sarah! Love ya!

Kelly said...

Where are you living now? I love the blogging world too. I love the support I get from everyone and the realization that we are all going through the same trials and joys in life.