Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jobs and goals

I guess I just needed a blast from the past, little Ruby. This picture was taken around this time last year. Jake's mom is a really great photographer, I don't know what I would do without her.
So. I got an at-home job doing email customer support for H&R Block. It's temporary, just until April, but it's really great money and I can work while the kids are screaming and running around! I will be working really early in the morning, but Jake got a later shift at work, starting at 1pm, so he will be running the house in the mornings while I am upstairs on the computer (this is what I normally try to have happen, but now I officially have to be on the computer, so to me it's more money and a grand excuse). I think I overheard him say something to Grace like, "Gracie, we are going to make pancakes every day and go to Toys R Us!!" Ya.. we'll see how long that lasts!!
Well, we have lived in our new house for a week. It's a lot nicer than the one we lived in before, but we are selling this one still. We'll see what kind of offers we get and go from there. Now that we only own one house, things are a lot simpler.
My brother Gideon left to go home for 2 weeks before his mission! I already miss ya, Gid! He'll be going to the MTC on Jan 24th and to Atlanta sometime after that.
I am going to start a goal list for 2007. I will try my best to achieve all of them. I think I'll start it on the right-hand column. Here goes nothin'.

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

This is an amazing photograph! Kudos to your mother in law!

LuCDay said...

You know what we did that's working really good for our 2007 goals? I printed out a one year calendar since our goals are for the whole year and we put a different colored star on each day when we've completed a goal. Some are daily, some weekly and some monthly. So far we haven't missed a day but then again, it's only been 2 weeks. Love the blast from the past picture, I remember when you first shared that picture, so cute!

Hannah said...

I love your blog pics Sarie. Your children are so beautiful and I am so happy they can be such good little cousins to Kayla. You're a great blogger..

Lindsey said...

Love the photo of Ruby.

Jen said...

Ruby is so precious! I am going to be on the look out for your brother..maybe he will serve in our stake, which is the Jonesboro Stake. You will have to keep me posted on his areas. I guess it would help if I knew his name. I don't think I'd have any luck looking for Elder Gideon, huh?

maren out my laundry said...

I feel bad I had no idea you even moved :( I knew it was coming but wow...I guess you still aren't too far but I was thinking about your new house how much are you selling it for again? anyhow...yay about H&R! that is great, we NEED to get together girl!

Anonymous said...

Ric and I want to thank you, Donna, a million for capturing the girls in photos. I covet that talent. Yet I am so grateful you have it and we can enjoy the pics as much as we do. They always make me cry. The girls are so precious and so beautiful and you really bring it out in the pictures. Thank you ever so much. We love all of you Smylies! Forever, The Medleys.