Saturday, August 12, 2006

Memories

Old friends. I hate using those two words. I would choose... "invaluable friends", or "friends from a long time ago that still hold a part of my soul". Anyway, in the middle is Celeste from Arcata and on the right is Tasha from McKinleyville. The three blondies are Tasha's three kids. I remember sitting on the dock at the lake at girl's camp, I must have been 18 and Tasha was one year younger. She sat there with me really late at night one night and we talked for hours about the future that we knew nothing about but tried to speculate on it as normal young girls do... lots of laughter and not too much knowledge.
Celeste and I met at girl's camp as well. She grew up only a few minutes north of the town I grew up in. She and I stayed friends for a long time and eventually lived together in Provo during that magic Fall Semester that I will never forget. Celeste served a mission and now is married and lives in Riverton, UT. She is one of the most Christ-like people I have ever known. I love these girls so much!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is such a cute picture. I wish I could have been there! I agree, Celeste is one of the most Christ like people I have ever known. She is so accepting of everyone and very kind, and crazy! Tasha, like you, is a wonderful mother and would help anyone out at any time, someone you can always count on. I love those girls, we all have some wonderful memories together. I love that we are able to still keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A CUTE PICTURE. I HAD SO MUCH FUN AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!!YOU HAVE TO SEND ME ONE OF THOSE PICTURES. TASHA

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fun reunion. I love Tasha and Celeste too!